Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also said Pruitt was not leaving. But the thing that bothered most was them getting upset with anyone wanting to discuss it. Other than that I am not sure why it's as if they know nothing.

Don’t think they ever said there was no chance Pruitt leaves. They said they thought he would stay.
Are Hubbs and AP the defacto insiders that get all the inside scoops? No. But they are about as close as you can get to that at TN.

Memphis brisket is bad, like they've never seen a cow before. Their bbq in general has gone downhill the past decade or so. Used to be phenomenal, best on the planet, but they've gotten lazy I feel like. Rendezvous was inedible (not incredible) last time I went, and central was so, so dry. Maybe the roadside places are better than the famous places now? My usual places there have all been bad the last few years there. Austin and Dallas have surpassed them I think. Memphis and KC are on par now imo
BBQ Shop, Cozy Corner, Payne's, Memphis BBQ Co. are all still good. Some places have gone down though.

76EM.gif
I can hear this gif....

I’m not sure why VQ still gets a lot of crap. They nailed the coaching search.

Have been plugged in better than anyone else in Knoxville for quite a while.
Maybe. They also missed on some things too. I knew Too Too was probably gone for a while and they don’t mention it until Pruitt flies to see him.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Wasn’t the rumor that Janceck was fired partly due to inappropriate relationships with women other than his wife?

He was supposedly showing up to team events with the lady friend and not trying to hide anything.

Maybe my memory serves me wrong. Anybody else remember the situation?

That's the way I remember it

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Maybe because the last two teams standing at the next level got their rosters FROM college?

Hyams is trying to make an argument for 3 v 4 v 5* players and the success in the NFL. It’s silly. Year in and year out the teams with the most highest rated players win more. The teams with the highest recruiting classes win at a higher rate.

There are simply many more 3* players.

Reactions: CharlestonVol15
Pretty sure I heard he got fired because he told Butch he was "the dumbest MFer I've ever met."
Maybe a little of both because I remember reading about him having someone, other than his wife, with him at different functions. Could have been an open marriage too.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Hyams is trying to make an argument for 3 v 4 v 5* players and the success in the NFL. It’s silly. Year in and year out the teams with the most highest rated players win more. The teams with the highest recruiting classes win at a higher rate.

There are simply many more 3* players.
So why wouldn’t that shorter sample rise to the top...or at least represent more than ONE solitary player? Mebbe because ratings are a people science and not the real variety?

Maybe a little of both because I remember reading about him having someone, other than his wife, with him at different functions. Could have been an open marriage too.
It wasn’t alleged that he was having dubious affairs. They were supposedly separated or on the verge of divorce. Taking a student the same age as his kid to team events wasn’t considered mensa material.

So why wouldn’t that shorter sample rise to the top...or at least represent more than ONE solitary player? Mebbe because ratings are a people science and not the real variety?

Are you disputing that teams in college with the highest rated players don’t win at the highest rates?

I want to thank Volnation for your prayers and well wishes. Maddie had surgery today. There was more issues that initially thought. She had 2 holes in her heart, her heart was enlarged, extra muscle had to be removed and an artery had to be repaired. She pulled through and her surgeon is optimistic. She will be in the hospital for at least 10 days with tubes and a pacemaker.

This is Madelyn Grace. Thank you again for all of your support.

View attachment 348494
Praying for this cute little girl, you, and the rest of the family.

Upon further reflection...I apologize for using the word "stupid" in that post...and I really didn't mean for you to think I was calling you stupid, I don't think you are.

I just used the word that popped into my head first when I was writing that post, and I really wasn't just responding to you.

giphy.gif

Are you disputing that teams in college with the highest rated players don’t win at the highest rates?
I’m saying that properly evaluating and developing players lead to winning. Do enough and you can get the prom queens. Clemson was winning NC’s with 19th ranked classes...people science.

Hey guys - A friend of mine signed up but can’t start threads or post comments. Is there a certain amount of time he has to wait before posting? Or does he need to do something additional?

It’s been so long I’ve forgotten how it works.

Asking in this thread because I know a lot of people read it.

Thanks in advance!
Check with @Freak but I was under the impression he could respond to posts for a certain number of posts before he could start a post. It was that way with me but that was a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back