Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think JH nor Elliott succeed here. I said form the beginning the second hire DW makes is the big one and I think Elliot would recruit way better and leave a better roster for the next coach
I disagree. If JH doesn’t succeed or at least “right the ship” this program may never recover. JH failing will just make it that much harder to attract a good established coach

Reactions: UTMVol76
Awesome! I love to see people enjoying creation. We are planning a big NoCal-southern Oregon trip for the last week of September with our daughter and son-in-law. Gonna fly to Sacramento then over to Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe area, Lassen Volcanic NP and Mt Shasta area, then hit several big waterfalls as we go up and across to Crater Lake NP, then over to the coast, and then down to Redwood NP area, then down the coast to San Fran hitting several Cali state parks and back to Sacramento and fly home. I hope everything is back to semi normal by then.
We'll see how it goes, but we're planning on Grand Canyon, inland CA national parks, then over to Redwood NP and up the coast, continue on to Jasper and Banff in Canada, down to Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and finish up with several weeks in Utah and Colorado.

To each their own.....

tenor.gif
Cowboy in the front...

“SENDDDDD ITTTTT!”

I disagree. If JH doesn’t succeed or at least “right the ship” this program may never recover. JH failing will just make it that much harder to attract a good established coach

Eh...I think we are past that point anyways. It’s been 22 years since our last SEC title and I would argue 15 years since we’ve been nationally relevant. It’s actually a good hire we got Heupel considering the violations and timing.

I don’t think JH nor Elliott succeed here. I said form the beginning the second hire DW makes is the big one and I think Elliot would recruit way better and leave a better roster for the next coach

With all due respect, you're literally the most miserable person I've ever came across. Live life, dude.

cant wait to see the hire everyone hates the most be the one that works and the one we actually needed.

So I’m going to try and do this right, but here are the total amount of hires and how many P5 current coaches that have taken SEC jobs (not counting Orgeron since he was promoted from interim). Since 2010:

Arkansas- 3 total/1 P5 (Beilema in 2013)
Auburn- 2 total/ 0 P5
LSU- 1 total/0 P5
Ole Miss- 3 total/0 P5)
Miss St- 2 total/1 P5 (Leach in 2020)
TAMU- 2 total/ 1 P5

Georgia- 1 total/ 0 P5
Florida- 3 total/ 1 P5 (Mullen in 2018)
Vandy- 4 total/ 0 P5
Kentucky- 1 total/ 0 P5
South Carolina- 2 total/0 P5
Tennessee- 4 total/0 P5
Missouri- 2 total/ 0 P5

Total hires- 30
Hires that were current P5 head coaches- 4

Mullen was previously at Florida. Beilema and Fisher took significant pay bumps and had bad relationships with their AD. Leach wanted to coach in the SEC.

Awesome! I love to see people enjoying creation. We are planning a big NoCal-southern Oregon trip for the last week of September with our daughter and son-in-law. Gonna fly to Sacramento then over to Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe area, Lassen Volcanic NP and Mt Shasta area, then hit several big waterfalls as we go up and across to Crater Lake NP, then over to the coast, and then down to Redwood NP area, then down the coast to San Fran hitting several Cali state parks and back to Sacramento and fly home. I hope everything is back to semi normal by then.
Used to live in San Francisco and then Portland. Beautiful areas, great coffee in Portland. My wife and I used to go down from San Francisco to Pacific Grove, Carmel, Big Sur no more beautiful place in the world. Enjoy your trip.

I think the potential sanctions from the NCAA kept us from getting an established head coach this year but I know we upgraded big time from Pruitt with JH. I really think he can bring us back to respectability. He's got six years to get it done so we need to be patient with this hire. I'm looking forward to seeing his offense this year.

Last edited:
Eh...I think we are past that point anyways. It’s been 22 years since our last SEC title and I would argue 15 years since we’ve been nationally relevant. It’s actually a good hire we got Heupel considering the violations and timing.
While I agree we’re obviously not the program we were in the 90’s and early 20’s. Tennessee to a certain points still recruits itself, still has great facilities, still has veryyy high staff and recruiting budget. And one of the most important things a strong and loyal fan base. Another 3-4 year might change a little bit of that, especially the fan base which means less revenue. How can you pitch anything more than what you did this year to an established coach?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I think the potential sanctions from the NCAA kept us from getting an established head coach this year but I know we upgraded big time from Pruitt with JH. I really thing he can bring us back to respectability. He's got six years to get it done so we need to be patient with this hire. I'm looking forward to seeing his offense this year.
Maybe, maybe not. If JH doesn’t bring us back to respectability I just don’t see how you can sell any decent coach to come here like Bruin said.

I 100% agree JH is better than Pruitt. Another year of Pruitt would have been sooooooo bad. I’m excited for the offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back