Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sister n laws dr office came up with over the counter cocktail for mild Covid that became popular; double daily dose of Vitamin D, Pepcid, Zertec, and Zinc. 90+% of the people I know only had one or two of the symptoms...
I took those except the Pepcid and added vitamin C everytime my throat would start hurting. I did fine except the exhaustion and a headache sometimes. Everyone was terrified with all my health issues I would at least end up in the hospital.

Heading that way in May in our RV. We're taking a few months to see it all.
Awesome! I love to see people enjoying creation. We are planning a big NoCal-southern Oregon trip for the last week of September with our daughter and son-in-law. Gonna fly to Sacramento then over to Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe area, Lassen Volcanic NP and Mt Shasta area, then hit several big waterfalls as we go up and across to Crater Lake NP, then over to the coast, and then down to Redwood NP area, then down the coast to San Fran hitting several Cali state parks and back to Sacramento and fly home. I hope everything is back to semi normal by then.

oh no. worked at front desk at Lake Lodge. actually helped manage it. think im the dolt they suckered into that extra .50 per hour...plus 5 am shifts.

if you're an extrovert look away. If you're an extreme introvert, proceed. 5 AM, coffee, breakfast...silence...deafening silence...kind it takes a week to get used too.

View attachment 348142
My gosh I love that place..I wanted to stay a night a Lake Lodge last trip, but it was booked solid as was all the other in-park lodging so we rented a beautiful old fishing cabin right on the shore if Henry Lake for four nights and just did the park in sections.

Let's say it is COVID. Do they do anything to treat it, or do you just suffer through until it's gone?
Suffer until it’s gone. Stock up on vitamin C and multivitamin/immune gummies. If your throat hurts bad gargle warm salt water and take ibuprofen Tylenol won’t help. Keep an eye on your temp.

Earlier I posted a historical snap shot of offensive sack rates for standard and passing downs. I noted that the pass rushing capabilities of the opponents on a team's schedule had a lot to do with those numbers. The following table is a look at the historical defensive sack rates for our 2021 opponents, minus Tennessee Tech.

I'm really looking forward to finding out who our new DC is going to be and what sort of scheme we're going to be running. I think we have a number of guys to fit any scheme in regards to having a pass rush. We just need an attacking defense and an aggressive play caller on that side of the ball, something I think I've heard that JH prefers. jmo.

ScreenHunter 646.png

I wouldnt recommend making that a habit.
Me and my son walked right up on a mama and two cubs while hiking in the woods around Cades Cove..it freaked me out. We were making noise and just walking along when we came up on her in a patch of knee high grass in a little clearing not 10 feet off the trail, we stopped dead still and then noticed the cubs in the tree just above her. We slowly backed away while she watched us and then walked through the woods to get around them.

She never made any aggressive movements..just stood up on all fours and watched us.

Me and my son walked right up on a mama and two cubs while hiking in the woods around Cades Cove..it freaked me out. We were making noise and just walking along when we came up on her in a patch of knee high grass in a little clearing not 10 feet off the trail, we stopped dead still and then noticed the cubs in the tree just above her. We slowly backed away while she watched us and then walked through the woods to get around them.

She never made any aggressive movements..just stood up on all fours and watched us.
Like the time I walked out the front door of a bar. After about 10 paces, I heard a sound behind me,and saw a momma skunk scurrying back to her younguns. I had walked right between them.

Awesome! I love to see people enjoying creation. We are planning a big NoCal-southern Oregon trip for the last week of September with our daughter and son-in-law. Gonna fly to Sacramento then over to Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe area, Lassen Volcanic NP and Mt Shasta area, then hit several big waterfalls as we go up and across to Crater Lake NP, then over to the coast, and then down to Redwood NP area, then down the coast to San Fran hitting several Cali state parks and back to Sacramento and fly home. I hope everything is back to semi normal by then.

My wife and I visited almost those same places during my college days, except we rented a car at the Alcoa airport. We didn't see Mt. Shasta but have been to Crater Lake a couple of times, which is amazing. We also did Colorado, and lots of the Utah national and state parks you went to (also in a rental car). The rental car company eventually stopped allowing people to have unlimited mileage and when I asked them why they said people were renting for a couple of weeks and returning with 6,000 or 7,000 miles on them. :cool:
Jerry Garcia died while we were driving down Highway 1 and we just happened to have reservations at a hotel in San Fran. on the day of his memorial at Golden Gate Park. Haight-Ashbury was just as I had visualized it would be in the 60s with hippies coming in painted school buses from Colorado, Oregon, Washington.

I think I've finally pinned down where my enthusiasm has gone. It's not so much JH that I feel disappointed in as it's just our entire situation. People look at JH's offense and think "exciting and fun". They think about winning 8 or 9 games a year and how great that is. And it is great. But I miss going into every game thinking we can win. And I've lost that. A nine win season sounds great. Beyond great. Until you consider the three losses every year probably come against the same 3 teams, Florida, Georgia, and Bama. And that's where my enthusiasm just dies. 2016 is the last time we beat Florida or Georgia. Have to go back to 2006 for the last time we beat Bama. And it's hard to the point of almost impossible for me to see us beating any of those teams in the near future. And not solely because of JH, but mostly because of the mess created by Pruitt and our administration, And I include our administration because I really think Donde Plowman mishandled this investigation. I know some think she did what she had to do, but I disagree with how she managed it. Given our current circumstances, I don't even have the excitement of good recruiting classes to look forward too. And I really want to be optimistic, but being realistic, why would any top recruit want to pick us right now? We have a great in-state class coming up, but unfortunately, I really expect most to go out of state. I don't want it to happen, but I totally expect it to happen. I think schools like Bama, Clemson, Florida, and Georgia will keep racking up great classes, and we'll struggle to be in the top 20, mostly because of a self-inflicted wound. And I don't know all the politics, maybe this really did result from a booster power fight, no clue, but we did it to ourselves. I'm just so depressed when it comes to UT football right now. I feel like I got kicked in the nads so hard it completely split the cup. And this feeling sucks. But I'm a Vol for life. Unfortunately, I just don't feel like I'll ever see us be truly great again. We're an afterthought in the SEC, which will always hinder us on the national stage.

All of this waiting around for staff to be announced hasn't helped either. Not really a big fan of DW's "no leaks" policy if it means always being in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back