Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! I was using an 18 gauge nailer and was holding the wood on the side. The nail hit a knot and shot through the side. It went in my finger and hit the bone at the knuckle joint.

That reminds. Has anyone heard how @chargervol is doing? I still can't get that picture my head.

*anybody remembers this?Screenshot_20201211-112349_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Far from endorsement, but just a complete hypothetical. Given the expectation of getting someone out of left field and we don't get a P5 guy, If there was a coach with +10000 odds and I had to put $5 bucks on, I could see a Kalen DeBoer.

As a head coach - 67-3 with three national championships in NAIA. Went 3-3 this past year at Fresno State (4-8 last year), but increased offensive output from 386 ypg to 480 ypg in year one.
Only 46 years old.
Has risen up the coaching ranks by helping ignite offenses at historically doormat programs (Eastern Michigan, Indiana)
Also has had successful stops coordinating Fresno State and Southern Illinois.

Again, not that I'm pushing for him or even suggesting he's realistic - just want to be able to say, "called it" if by chance the low odds are pulled off.

LSU he an NFL player handing out cash on tv and proved to be throwing money at players. Nothing happened. We will be fine. NCAA isn’t doing anything but some bowl band and scholarship reductions.
And I posted yesterday that we seldom are at 85 anyway. Also, with the hard 25 and defections, it will be even harder to get to 85. It's really a nothing burger.

That and with the ncaa issues the likelihood of taking this job being career suicide is much higher than other places. With the choices matt campbell has had and will have he would be a damn fool taking this job . I hope he is a fool

He turned down serious money before.

Plus he has a projected top10 team returning next year.

Reactions: BruinVol
Confirmation bias is the weakest form truth, hence clearance of Franklins background check by PSU and no charges brought about due to his alleged coverup.

Confirmation bias isn't a form of truth by nature. And I'm not arguing he did anything in particular, but his name will forever be linked to a young girl being gang raped by his football players.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Ouch! I was using an 18 gauge nailer and was holding the wood on the side. The nail hit a knot and shot through the side. It went in my finger and hit the bone at the knuckle joint.
Good to know I’m not the only idiot who has done this. Lol

Reactions: EezyE
Look out he is an Alum and knows all. Lol The job is no where near what it was and those runs by those coaches was when USC and other powers were down. Which is not the case now since pac expanded and added programs and recruiting competition. It’s a different job all together and Rodriguez and stoops were long ago and pre expansion correct?

Ok, Boomer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back