Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I’m starting to be out on that dude. He’s had a couple nice years there but hasn’t really done sh*t other than that. He wasn’t anything out of this world as an OC.

Yeah, I said yesterday that a well respected guy like White isn't going to come in and instantly hand over the kind of power this guy wants and he's not even coached in a power 5 conference... I think the guy is a little too big for his britches...

Hammering Hank Aaron just passed away, 86 yo.
Damn, lots of people I grew up with that were associated with the Braves have passed lately. Niekro, Don Sutton, and now Aaron. RIP. My mother in law met him lots of times where she worked and always said he was one of the nicest people she ever met.

Kiffin has never had NCAA baggage that I’m aware of.

He’s just known as a job hopper.

However, I think White would make sure Kiffin doesn’t have a reason to leave Tennessee again.

If I remember correctly, the sanctions at USC were as a result of what took place while he was there as OC years prior.
I always thought it was ironic that he went back to USC just in time to face the hammer.
If I am wrong, I stand corrected (not to big to admit if I'm wrong) but this is the impression I was under.

Further, if Kiffin checks the boxes, I'm all in. I never have held him leaving for his dream job against him ... especially if he's figured out that UT is the place to be.

Hyams I think has been slipping out of those circles for years, but yes, he might be totally shut out now unless he cultivates some new relationships. As you said I think he is very dependent on booster friends of Fulmer's for his info. Phil is of course not involved in decisions anymore, but if Phil is being taken outside the loop altogether and he doesn't even have access to the discussions, then Hyams is cooked.
I said this yesterday and I'll say it again: Hyams can go play in I-40W traffic at 5:00pm on a Friday evening in Knoxville. Would be a hell of a segment on SportsTalk.

He's not a fan of Tennessee athletics.

Yeah, I said yesterday that a well respected guy like White isn't going to come in and instantly hand over the kind of power this guy wants and he's not even coached in a power 5 conference... I think the guy is a little too big for his britches...
Completely agree. Reminds me of Dooley personality wise.

Reactions: volinbama256
Damn, lots of people I grew up with that were associated with the Braves have passed lately. Niekro, Don Sutton, and now Aaron. RIP. My mother in law met him lots of times where she worked and always said he was one of the nicest people she ever met.
Childhood icon who personified quiet dignity. It made me detest Bonds more that the media attempted to pressure him to coronate that sham. He should own the all time HR record.

Good interview with Fickell but what really stood out to me was at about a minute in he talks about needing a good QB to make it work because the QB instills confidence in so many different areas. Compare that in stark contrast with what we have gone through the last couple of years with Pruitt and JG. You can SEE the lost confidence/hope from the team in the Kentucky game after the pick 6s

If I remember correctly, the sanctions at USC were as a result of what took place while he was there as OC years prior.
I always thought it was ironic that he went back to USC just in time to face the hammer.
If I am wrong, I stand corrected (not to big to admit if I'm wrong) but this is the impression I was under.

Further, if Kiffin checks the boxes, I'm all in. I never have held him leaving for his dream job against him ... especially if he's figured out that UT is the place to be.
He was never tied to those allegations. Clean bill. Many were debunked after Todd McNair filed suit.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I said this yesterday and I'll say it again: Hyams can go play in I-40W traffic at 5:00pm on a Friday evening in Knoxville. Would be a hell of a segment on SportsTalk.

He's not a fan of Tennessee athletics.
I don't really care if he isn't a fan of Tennessee athletics...I don't really enjoy hearing from sycophants. The irony is that if he isn't a fan, he still works for "state run media." Jimmy is an old school media guy who thinks the game is won by whoever has access to power. The media game is now more about value added analysis and commentary rather than being "the first" to break a story or a rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back