Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you aren’t sure about if the names are actually being targeted or not, what harm does it do to let us know who they are?
I think there are the dream candidates: Campbell and Fickell. Those are the two every college search starts with. I personally believe one is far more likely than the other.

I don't think Kiffin is a consideration, but I'm open to being wrong about that. All the smoke around him is coming from one side. Frankly, it doesn't hurt Lane to have a fanbase fawning over him 24/7. He likes the attention and it helps him negotiate with Ole Miss or other coaching spots that come open.

I am a big Neal Brown fan and I think he's high on the list. Danny White tried to hire him at UCF but Neal turned the job down - he would have been a weird fit at UCF and he knew it. He waited for a P5 job, but West Virginia can't compete with Tennessee if we call him. His WVU record is spotty, but go look at what he did at Troy, what that program was before, and what it is now. Brown is an Air-Raid, Mike Leach disciple. You get the fun offense without the nutty press conferences.

Other guys near the top are obvious: Napier, Chadwell, Elliott, Leipold, etc.

I don't *know* who we're going to hire. Could be a totally random name that no one has considered - White has done that before.

The love affair with Kiffin is nauseating. There are way better head coaching candidates out there that won't leave as soon as a better offer comes around (USC again, Bama, NFL, etc..).
Imo it’s more about the redemption story. He’s a heck of a coach, but it’s more so about the fact of him fixing the mess he started which makes it so intriguing

It’s not going to be Lane but AP has no idea what he is saying. Just talking out his ass.

That’ll be $9.95.
I think Hubbs, AP, and the like are panicking right now from a business perspective. Fulmer is gone, there's a brand new Chancellor and Prez who seem to be operating differently than those in years past, and they just hired a new AD that comes from outside the UT ecosystem. At the moment, they are in the dark, have no sources, and their opinion is probably no more informed than random person's in this thread.

I think Hubbs, AP, and the like are panicking right now from a business perspective. Fulmer is gone, there's a brand new Chancellor and Prez who seem to be operating differently than those in years past, and they just hired a new AD that comes from outside the UT ecosystem. At the moment, they are in the dark, have no sources, and their opinion is probably no more informed than random person's in this thread.
It's probably less informed because they are sucked into old information.

After looking over all their wiki pages I think Napier> Campbell based on pedigree and record. My list would be:

1) Kiffin
2)Napier
3)Fickle

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back