Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm good with Chadwell. Wish he could have played Napier for the Sun Belt title.

Another factor with Chadwell is that I think he will have the Butch factor for the first couple of years. Butch would still be here if he didn't turn out to be such a weenie. Remember Butch Stones, both in-game and on the recruiting trail? He was making the most of the opportunity. He seemed to relish being UT's head coach the way Kiffin, Dooley, and Pruitt didn't.

Chadwell would be the same, but hopefully, he's not a weenie and wouldn't sabotage his own S&C program and let the inmates start running the asylum.

Public perception has more weight than the truth, let's be honest.

People perceive Briles to be the leader of a gang rape ring at Baylor. His reputation will never recover. It's the unfortunate side of things, but people don't care about the truth if it comes out. They stick to what they have been told.

Briles is done at major college football.

He was also the leader of a big time program, and leaders are responsible for bad outcomes. Briles claimed ignorance on the history problems for the transfer they took from Boise State who eventually got into legal trouble. Chris Peterson apparently said he told Briles exactly about the kid's history. It was a mess.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
So they want him but they don’t want him bad enough, got it. So, in essence, they don’t want him.
They just don’t want him in this PC media virtue signaling culture. They’d love to have his coaching abilities. Someone’s going to give him another shot and he will succeed.

Just reading the tea leaves there are only 4 people who want this job, maybe five: Steele, Chadwell, Kiffin, Freeze, and maybe Herman don't know about him. UT will not hire Kiffin or Freeze. We know this. It will not happen. So that leaves you with maybe 3 candidates. Herman has a very bad reputation for his dealings with boosters and staff at Texas. he's out.

so now we're down to two: Chadwell or Steele. They are going to hire Steele.
Jeff Fisher is also on that list. Not saying pro/con but he has already put out there that he is interested.

Why are people still listening to WNML? They provide you no real information, it’s incredibly boring, and they think every problem at UT is because of the fans. Please stop listening to these arrogant pricks and supporting them.

Jeff Fisher is also on that list. Not saying pro/con but he has already put out there that he is interested.

Fisher is a turd in the punch bowl hire. They need to sell tickets but there's too much overlap between Vols fans and Titans fans. Would excite no one.

Not sure how many schools would trade for Freeze.

There were 3 SEC openings before UT and he didn’t get any of those jobs. All of them could’ve hired him if they wanted. Texas could’ve hired him. Arizona could’ve made a run at him.

Or he’s told them no because he only wants one job

They just don’t want him in this PC media virtue signaling culture. They’d love to have his coaching abilities. Someone’s going to give him another shot and he will succeed.

So they wanted him but not enough to actually hire him.

Thus, they didn’t want him. The reasons why don’t matter. Everybody knows those reasons but simply put, they didn’t want him.

The one thing that perplexes me is a statement that PF made. He referenced "ten years". This was done two different times, regarding a tenure as AD (that he would not be around until he was 80) and also about someone being on sidelines and having a great HC/AD relationship. Taking this at face value, it was either just an expression of an example of "longevity" and/or it was a hint of someone that they know truly wants to be here and will stay (someone's dream job???). I suspect I am reading too much into it and it is the former, but it does cause the wheels in my head to turn. 🤔
I caught that too. It makes me think Chadwell or Freeze and I don't think we're getting Freeze. (I'm afraid Kiffin would bolt if the NFL, bama, ect. called him.)

It's lining up to be Jamey Chadwell

Reactions: ugg and Vols_Life
I can't imagine you push Fulmer and Pruitt out and then land on Kevin Steele if you are Boyd and Plowman.

It might end up there, but I don't think that's where you aim.

The problem is we never get to the candidate we aim for Gundy x2...Charley Strong...Boring Dave Doeren...many more...we get the where you end up candidate Pruitt...Lyle...Derek Dooley....Steele.

Or he’s told them no because he only wants one job

Lol sure sure totally believe that Hugh Freeze, who is all about Hugh Freeze, turned down other SEC schools bc he only wants to coach at one SEC school that is known for firing coaches every 3.5 years.

Man, you guys trashed the football team all season and now you're trashing the basketball team that is 10-2. Where are you going next? Oh, I know----my money is on the new AD and football coach-------classic
I dont think anyone trashed the team. Many trashed the performance. Barnes trashed the performance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back