Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you guys trashed the football team all season and now you're trashing the basketball team that is 10-2. Where are you going next? Oh, I know----my money is on the new AD and football coach-------classic

Fear not. WBB plays once-rival UConn tomorrow and that will be a fitting wrap to this week's Volunteer trifecta.

He's not the ideal choice, but he's a better choice than some of the names that have been floated out there. If he sets the program back a decade, I'd hate to see how far they would set us back.
What school is out there banging down the door for him? Just like those who say look Marrone and O'Brien are only assistant coaches at our rivals what about Chadwell? Auburn didn't chase him hard, S Car nope, Vandy nope. He would've been there next year, and the year after. There's a reason schools let him say nah and then quickly moved on.

Randy Boyd said this isn't a place to learn on the job and he wants a proven winner, Steele doesnt even come close to being in that conversation
He could say the same about Chadwell. He could say Chadwell doesn't have any experience in the power 5 even as a coordinator. That isn't proven experience. Meanwhile Steele has been in the game and the SEC for 150 years. He has tons of experience. That's the spin

Reactions: Johncarter53
Settling is what we do

I just didn’t want to repost what I said before. You really think Plowman and Boyd are gonna trot out a Fulmer guy? After they gave him two choices get fired or step down. I know your down about things but you know that would never happen otherwise getting rid of Fulmer was pointless

I'd despise that. Look what he did to the Texans. If we're going play Risk, might as well get an energetic, young offensive guru in here like Chadwell. I cannot possibly imagine BOB going well. If it's BOB or Chadwell, give me the AP Coach of the Year.

BOB was a bad Gm

A very good coach

And did a great job with penn state in crisis.
That’s the most important part to this

Independent & Big East have never been Power 5 though...

Power 5:
Big 8 (Big 12)
Big Ten
ACC
SEC
PAC12
I don't know what the guy on the radio was considering. Pittsburgh today is a P5 football school in the ACC. Back then they weren't. But some schools in Independant back then wouldn't have been under the P5 umbrella, even though they were competitive football schools.

Reactions: superglide09
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back