Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football Scoop has a menu of AD options lined up for us and they include a short paragraph with each person on why they might be a fit. Again, this is not my list but from Football Scoop. I will save everyone time and list the names but encourage you to go read their reasoning.
  • Jon Gilbert, East Carolina AD
  • Brad Lampley, Partner in Charge, Adams & Reese
  • Charles Davis, CBS Broadcaster
  • Mark Ingram, UAB AD
  • Reggie McKenzie, Miami Dolphins executive
  • Tara Brooks, UT Assistant Athletics Director for Administration
  • Todd Stewart, Western Kentucky
  • Reid Sigmon, UT
  • Gerald Harrison, Austin Peay
  • Jeff Purinton, Alabama Deputy AD
  • Scott Carter, ETSU
  • David Blackburn, MTSU Senior Associate AD
  • Mitch Barnhart, University of Kentucky AD

I'm confused about this FU money... Is FU money short for **** you money? If so who are we FUing by bringing more money to the table? Just curious is all. I want the best hire but am concerned we may be limited with the sancations coming down the pipe.

It's the kind of money that allows you to do exactly what you want. People that have it tend to not settle.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
If there is one thing I’ve learned from Hubbs and AP they only drop info when they have it. Secondly, maybe Meyer said thanks but no thanks as you have my friend as current coach
If we are doing the VQ stock report for this entire saga...

Stock up: TB
Stock down: VQ
Stock stagnent: Everybody else.

"Say it with me. Jeremy. Pruitt. Hired. Kevin. Steele."- Austin Price.

Sorry bro. We're gonna have to make sure we don't ask you any questions that are above the staff any more.

Football Scoop has a menu of AD options lined up for us and they include a short paragraph with each person on why they might be a fit. Again, this is not my list but from Football Scoop. I will save everyone time and list the names but encourage you to go read their reasoning.
  • Mark Ingram, UAB AD
  • Reid Sigmon, UT
  • Scott Carter, ETSU
I'd be very happy with Charles Davis or Reggie McKenzie as AD.

• Mark Ingram, UAB AD
  • Reid Sigmon, UT
  • Scott Carter, ETSU
Gilbert
Blackburn
Ingram

IN THAT ORDER

• Mark Ingram, UAB AD
  • Reid Sigmon, UT
  • Scott Carter, ETSU
Kentucky would be pissed if we hired Barnhart haha

Doesn’t sound like there is direct proof to him cheating
just his assistants which is still bad but does allow some wiggle room for him to coach again I think
To coach again somewhere else, yes, but if the language of his contract actually does place responsibility on him for his staff committing violations, he doesn't have much to stand on in trying to get his buyout. The obvious ploy is to just make noise and hope they pay him something to just shut up and go away. Again, depending on the actual language of the contract, I think UT could win this if they choose to play it out.

Wrong. His contract is specific on that. Sections 3.2.2. (b) View attachment 340551

I didn’t say anything about the contract and I understand how that works. The assistants are the responsibility of the HC

but none the less I haven’t seen anything directly connecting him to the infractions which means he won’t get a show cause I wouldn’t think

If we are doing the VQ stock report for this entire saga...

Stock up: TB
Stock down: VQ
Stock stagnent: Everybody else.

"Say it with me. Jeremy. Pruitt. Hired. Kevin. Steele."- Austin Price.

Sorry bro. We're gonna have to make sure we don't ask you any questions that are above the staff any more.
I'm buying some TB stock right now. Never owned any for VQ. Never will.

To coach again somewhere else, yes, but if the language of his contract actually does place responsibility on him for his staff committing violations, he doesn't have much to stand on in trying to get his buyout. The obvious ploy is to just make noise and hope they pay him something to just shut up and go away. Again, depending on the actual language of the contract, I think UT could win this if they choose to play it out.

We agree

I didn’t say anything about the contract and I understand how that works. The assistants are the responsibility of the HC

but none the less I haven’t seen anything directly connecting him to the infractions which means he won’t get a show cause I wouldn’t think
Direct connection is irrelevant. Violations are under the termination for cause. There is no "wiggle room"

If you're talking about being hired elsewhere, him talking is suggests he's done. Currently, he would draw attention from the ncaa to that school. He's toxic currently.

Pruitt "airing it out" would be contrary to his case. The only thing he can argue is there aren't level 1 or 2 violations. If he aired it out, he'd lose and then get stuck with the lawyer fees.
Pruitt isn’t doing that lol. It’s a threat for trying to make UT pay. We will end up paying him a couple mil to shut up. He knows if he really did that he would never be hired again by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back