Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve been planning this out for months. Plowman and Boyd aren’t handing the keys to Kevin Steele. He’s assisting in the bigger plan. And we’re lucky to have him assist.
I hope you are right, good sir, but this is one of those things I'll have to see to believe. I've felt the stinging burn of crappy hires one too many times.

See post # 88,021.
I’m not saying your hire the guy, but he’s obviously doing something right in those two years to be getting NFL HC looks.

It might go a long way with some of the VFL’s to know your listening to one of them and least to hear their vision. You never know until you try.

He has less than two years coaching linebackers and that is the extent of his resume. Bad idea!
The guy probably won't leave Belichick unless it's for a NFL head coaching job. I would love for a former top 10 NFL pick, super bowl championship, and someone so respected by Belichick to be leading our Defense.

Who we hiring, Ron?
Well, if @Atlanta VOL is right and the FU money comes to the table it could be Campbell or Fickell or maybe someone even better. But I think our floor is going to be higher than our ceiling the last few times we’ve done this. Worst case I think we end up with Herman or Chadwell. And that’s pretty good.

After all of the firings today and we have expiring contracts at the end of next week (I believe), how many coaches will actually be on staff after next week?

Kevin Steele:
source.gif

I don't get why somebody would accuse AP of lying. If they can prove he lied at some other point maybe.

Better yet, why not Herman? He brings the O and has been a HC for years with a great record in bowls. He's probably matured a bit from the Texas experience and would bring all he had to prove they were idiots to fire him. He never had access to a Kevin Steele as a DC at Texas. It would be a quick route to relevance again.

I agree. I would like to have Herman. Offense was never the issue at Texas. Guy can recruit too.

Reactions: Vols4us
You guys aren’t looking at this correctly.
He can cause great damage outside of football. We better hope he doesn’t know one thing about any kind of basketball “issue”
You are just a ray of sunshine. Tell the truth, you're just pissed I named Tennessee Dud the new most annoying poster. You want your title back. Well your doing a good job of it tonight.

And nobody is getting fired in a Covid year,
CJP is the HC at UT in 2021,
Gee, idk maybe because every time someone says something definitely ain’t happening it happens 😳
Did you listen to anything the Chancellor said today? If you did how can you possibly believe Hugh or Lane could be considered for the job in the next 5 years?

Ive been told haslam, peyton and others raised 30 million. Anybody else here this @ATLVOL?
Not chump change for sure. Who is your big realistic target though? It isn't freeze or herman. Don't think you need big money to sway either of those. Not saying I wouldn't take them but I just don't think you have to sell the farm to get them. Doubt it's realistic but Bob Stoops would be my big money candidate.

Reactions: C-town Vol
Well, if @Atlanta VOL is right and the FU money comes to the table it could be Campbell or Fickell or maybe someone even better. But I think our floor is going to be higher than our ceiling the last few times we’ve done this. Worst case I think we end up with Herman or Chadwell. And that’s pretty good.
I'm confused about this FU money... Is FU money short for **** you money? If so who are we FUing by bringing more money to the table? Just curious is all. I want the best hire but am concerned we may be limited with the sancations coming down the pipe.

You are just a ray of sunshine. Tell the truth, you're just pissed I named Tennessee Dud the new most annoying poster. You want your title back. Well your doing a good job of it tonight.

Lol

Truth is I am sad About this day.
I don’t think we recover for at least a decade. I’d bet we don’t win 10 games or go to Atlanta this entire decade after what’s happened today.

usc took a tumble and we’re on much better footing. We don’t have nearly as far to fall but we won’t rise any quicker than they have from this mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back