Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawyers are supposed to zealously advocate for their clients. Expect the rosiest picture that can possibly be given without outright lying.

Note that Pruitt's lawyers are trying to create a narrative that is **supposed** to sound bad for the university. It's not supposed to be a fair two sided conversation. And, the letter is intended to nothing more than to make people like you, sports fans, or other casual observers, to begin to change their opinion on events in their clients favor.

Everytime you read any sort of press release, know that, especially when it's from an attorney. Your opinion is the currency that is being negotiated.

I don't think they have the goods to create a narrative that Gump has been wronged. Possible though.

Pruitt "airing it out" would be contrary to his case. The only thing he can argue is there aren't level 1 or 2 violations. If he aired it out, he'd lose and then get stuck with the lawyer fees.

You guys aren’t looking at this correctly.
He can cause great damage outside of football. We better hope he doesn’t know one thing about any kind of basketball “issue”

Pruitt "airing it out" would be contrary to his case. The only thing he can argue is there aren't level 1 or 2 violations. If he aired it out, he'd lose and then get stuck with the lawyer fees.
Kansas tried to get out of the buyout by using one very minor level 2 violation.

Tennessee waited a month after the season ended and then found at least a dozen level 1's.

I think it's safe to say Pruitt does not have nearly the same case as the Kansas coach.

No offense, Ron, but this post feels like that scene from Animal House.

tenor.gif

Dysfunction is what we do.
They’ve been planning this out for months. Plowman and Boyd aren’t handing the keys to Kevin Steele. He’s assisting in the bigger plan. And we’re lucky to have him assist.

After all of the firings today and we have expiring contracts at the end of next week (I believe), how many coaches will actually be on staff after next week?

You guys aren’t looking at this correctly.
He can cause great damage outside of football. We better hope he doesn’t know one thing about any kind of basketball “issue”
Him trying to burn the place down on his own dime in very costly fashion would be one of the dumbest moves of all time but we are talking about the man who kept starting JG.

Reactions: Ten_Titans and hep
If there is one thing I’ve learned from Hubbs and AP they only drop info when they have it. Secondly, maybe Meyer said thanks but no thanks as you have my friend as current coach

I don't get why somebody would accuse AP of lying. If they can prove he lied at some other point maybe.

Better yet, why not Herman? He brings the O and has been a HC for years with a great record in bowls. He's probably matured a bit from the Texas experience and would bring all he had to prove they were idiots to fire him. He never had access to a Kevin Steele as a DC at Texas. It would be a quick route to relevance again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back