Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess UT expects to settle. They usually do. It may not even get past a demand letter and nobody outside the tower will be any wiser. I'm sure UT ran the numbers and calculated this to be the most financially favorable alternative.
It’s part of what I do every day. Lawyer demands full amount or even more. We say we’ll give you 500k and not air out dirty laundry. Goes back and forth a few times and eventually we meet somewhere in the middle

They know we will not accept Steele as the HC. BVS kicking in. PM will not want to go that route and it sounds like the young guys may win this time around. It's time for old guys to lay their trophies down. Just sayin...

I would much rather have Ingram. Barnes is a great backer for Gilbert. But Hart was a basketball AD and Gilbert worked for him for a lot of years at Bama and UT along with Gilbert having a son on the BB team. Now he's at ECU and hired Mike Houston for football, which has been underwhelming. That background does not get it done for an SEC football program in trouble IMO. However, he is a good administrator and may negotiate through the NCAA stuff well. Ingram clearly has the ties and success story at UAB while focused on football, but getting things done in other sports as well.

When your in-house counsel doesn't give you the free and clear for what you want to do, you hire outside counsel to dig deeper, find more and give you the go-ahead to execute your play. Knowing the law firm you hired advises full disclosure. Means to an end.

Plowman is going to be saying Donde esta mi trabajo if she overplayed her hand.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
The highest profile NCAAF investigation in 20 years. The University did little to nothing to mitigate against the violations themselves, though the coach did leave before the punishment could be handed down.

What did they get?

2 Year bowl ban.
Lost a few scholarships.
Vacated wins (including national championship)

At this stage, I would not just assume we are going to get that level of punishment. And I certainly wouldn't assume we are gonna get even worse.

Oh yeah. The first year coach that took over and had to deal with those violations? You already know.

The highest profile NCAAF investigation in 20 years. The University did little to nothing to mitigate against the violations themselves, though the coach did leave before the punishment could be handed down.

What did they get?

2 Year bowl ban.
Lost a few scholarships.
Vacated wins (including national championship)

At this stage, I would not just assume we are going to get that level of punishment. And I certainly wouldn't assume we are gonna get even worse.

Oh yeah. The first year coach that took over and had you deal with those violations? You already know.

And he failed

Someone mentioned Chadwells offense—how did we do trying to Out Bamaing Bama and Georgia for that matter? The next guy we hire needs to be an offensive innovator.

Needs to be innovative and highly aggressive. Imagine if Butch was balls to the wall aggressive all the time ala UGA 2013. He would still be here and the program would be healthy. He would have lost a couple tight games down the stretch perhaps but would have won way more that he lost because he puckered in the second half.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and RiotVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back