Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
EH, I freaked out over Plowman but I don't think she's in the wrong. Operating in the gray area is where you need to be, if there are a ton of lvl 1 and 2 violations then Pruitt was way out of line and into the red. Also making enemies on campus of those who are there to help did him in. This had to be done to avoid the quasi death penalty aka bigger reductions and a longer bowl ban.

As far as how long until this is final, that's up to the AA, I guess it depends on if they are happy with what we do.

I could see the ncaa keeping this thing going into next fall and if so that would be a killer for recruiting

Gus Malzhan is also a high tier coach that has beat Nick Saban multiple times and could win more in the east than he could in the West.

The search is different because honestly, There isn’t any more teams making moves for a head coach and the names left on the board are actually better than what we’ve had in the past. These sanctions aren’t gonna scare anyone away. Tennessee is still a premier school for now and we have the shot this time around to actually change things.

A two year postseason ban sounds bad on paper, but in reality the postseason means nothing for us right now outside of giving fans false hope.

Does anyone really think even with a grand slam hire we're winning the SEC in the next two years? There are huge holes on this roster and little development of the talent that is here.

Best case scenario, we get a coach in here who can beat a rival or two in the first two years, improve the talent and the culture, and then in Year 3 when the ban is over we can go back to dreaming about winning the East.

Chadwell should be the floor. Can’t wait to hear all the griping when his new age triple option gets old and our rivals laugh at that gimmick offense. I’d give him a shot but I don’t have faith it would work.
It definitely will change the type of offensive recruits we go after. We will need good blocking Rb’s for one.

A two year postseason ban sounds bad on paper, but in reality the postseason means nothing for us right now outside of giving fans false hope.

Does anyone really think even with a grand slam hire we're winning the SEC in the next two years? There are huge holes on this roster and little development of the talent that is here.

Best case scenario, we get a coach in here who can beat a rival or two in the first two years, improve the talent and the culture, and then in Year 3 when the ban is over we can go back to dreaming about winning the East.
Kids want to play in bowl games. You aren’t wrong but it can’t help recruiting.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Numerous major violations found, the NCAA doesn't play around with that kind of stuff, and knowing our luck, they'll make an example out of us.

If I understood right the University found them not NCAA? Which I am hoping will make a lot of difference their decision. Should the coaches involved be the ones to get the penalties? Not saying UT want get some but since UT admin uncovered them I hope they take it out on them.

Which means he has no qualms hiring someone with past NCAA issues..... bring him on and go get freeze!
All the NCAA issues related to Tyndall were at Southern Miss and none of that was revealed until after he was hired by UT. He was not under investigation while he was at Southern Miss. Not sure who blew the whistle but one of his assistants, who came with him to UT, burned him at the stake. He sung like a canary when the NCAA interviewed him.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back