Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Fulmer is gone, I feel much better about Kevin Steele as strictly a linebackers coach for the new head coach.

And he won’t have the direct tie to the athletic director that he once had, so hopefully the head coach won’t have to continuously look over his shoulder.
I just pray we don’t even consider Steele as more than an experience SEC veteran assistant.

Both us need to wait to see what the ncaa penalties and aftershocks are from
This before we say this is a good or bad day. Neither of us really know at this point

One thing i haven’t seen mentioned is how will Plowman be viewed from coaches. If this job is seen as one that you have to get into the cheating weeds to win she’s made it clear she won’t allow that. That may be bad news going forward

another thing I have seen very little mentioned about is how long before this is final?
If the sanctions aren’t official for a long period of time the 2022 class will be hurt hard with negative recruiting.
EH, I freaked out over Plowman but I don't think she's in the wrong. Operating in the gray area is where you need to be, if there are a ton of lvl 1 and 2 violations then Pruitt was way out of line and into the red. Also making enemies on campus of those who are there to help did him in. This had to be done to avoid the quasi death penalty aka bigger reductions and a longer bowl ban.

As far as how long until this is final, that's up to the AA, I guess it depends on if they are happy with what we do.

Yep. Would be a massive upgrade to hire Herman. Really this is easy. I’d have this wrapped up by Saturday.

If you’re not going to hire Kiffin, then call Herman and Chadwell. Hire one of them. You’ve got the young upstart and the safe proven hire with room to grow.
If I were a betting man, Herman has already been contacted 🤷‍♂️

You know, it hasn't occurred to me until now the irony of Pruitt bitching and moaning about Cade Mays' eligibility and how unfair the SEC/NCAA was being... All the while cheating his damn ass off lmao.

Reactions: Vols4us
Okay, I've spent my day in Nashville, at Vanderbilt, going from doctor to doctor for routine check-ups. So I've missed a lot. I know Pruitt is gone, and Fulmer is stepping down. Someone fill me in on what I need to know, please?
No one willing to help a brother out?

Not at all what I meant, but whatev.

Not saying you feel that way, just who cares if Plowman is roasted by the media. I certainly hope she doesn't care. That's all I'm saying. She seems like a smart woman, she knows what needs to be done. If the programs starts winning she will be seen as a hero around here for quite some time.

Last edited:
Okay, I've spent my day in Nashville, at Vanderbilt, going from doctor to doctor for routine check-ups. So I've missed a lot. I know Pruitt is gone, and Fulmer is stepping down. Someone fill me in on what I need to know, please?
Our long nightmare is over. Still going to be stormy at times but good times our are in our future.

Where are all the Fulmerite’s who constantly make excuses for his incompetence? Not sure if you listened to TB today but he put just as much culpability on Fulmer as Pruitt. I guess you see why nobody wanted him as a HC after we terminated him the first time. He should have been fired today just like Pruitt. Where is the accountability?

He was fired today...just very nicely because he has our only modern era title.

Now that Fulmer is gone, I feel much better about Kevin Steele as strictly a linebackers coach for the new head coach.

And he won’t have the direct tie to the athletic director that he once had, so hopefully the head coach won’t have to continuously look over his shoulder.

That is a silver lining in all of this. Fulmer had to go....

Don’t know what the issues were. Maybe he has learned after being a coach there? Pair him with Steele and let’s win games and everyone will then get along
I just want to be good at football again. This crap show doesn’t feel like we’re getting back there anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back