Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all started because these jackwads can't a tell the difference between an "I" and "L". They thought our AVIs were too similar, being both purple. So they were pestering me to change my AVI. Never once suggested that you change yours. I took great offense to that. So I changed my AVI as they requested.

@frank should just make mine "LA"-- problem solved. Call me The Fixer. I can fix all sorts of problems. For example, the LVs are an embarrassment. Pat would hate it. Fans hate it. Former LVs really, really hate it. Too much hate. Make them an intramural team. They can win games against lesser opponents, and UT won't have to pretend we're fielding an SEC team. Problem fixed.

Disagree, leadership emerges then you build around it. A true leader will expect everyone on the team to have their same effort to rise to their level and if you don’t you are held accountable by them.

That’s why Butch’s teams were never great. There was talent and they started winning 9-4 for two years. Leadership wasn’t there, it was more me ball.

You can have great individual talent, 2015 & 2016 Tennessee, and not be incredibly successful because of terrible team leadership. Give me a team with leaders that hold people accountable and you will succeed.

Leadership is often a more rare attribute than mental or physical gifts. You cannot count on leadership being there amongst the players every year. In years it is not there, the coach/coaches must step in and provide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back