Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, not trying to be a jerk.

Are there any staff changes on offense that would make you (and the other Never-Pruitts) say he should get another year?

Of course--- Now that you have Steele and apparently Garner is coming, then get rid of cheeseburger and fries and bring someone, anyone in that runs an offense newer than the 1987 one we run and adjusts it to the strength of the roster they have... pretty freakin simple.

Serious question, not trying to be a jerk.

Are there any staff changes on offense that would make you (and the other Never-Pruitts) say he should get another year?

Nope.

Pruitt is a disaster.

There’s a reason why nobody wanted to hire him as a HC during the off season.

Why the f was Hyatt and Wideman not used more?

because our OC is past his prime and doesn't know how to adjust his phone book to the strengths of his roster... and before anyone argues they are freshman, might I remind you that there were 100's of freshman across the country on offense that played the entire season... so stop the BS on they weren't ready and Covid...

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I love Al, but the reason why that guy was such a leader and looked at as a leader was because the team was freaking good.

The success comes first, then leaders emerge. It's hard to lead if you stink.
Disagree, leadership emerges then you build around it. A true leader will expect everyone on the team to have their same effort to rise to their level and if you don’t you are held accountable by them.

That’s why Butch’s teams were never great. There was talent and they started winning 9-4 for two years. Leadership wasn’t there, it was more me ball.

You can have great individual talent, 2015 & 2016 Tennessee, and not be incredibly successful because of terrible team leadership. Give me a team with leaders that hold people accountable and you will succeed.

You'll be pretty good if you have some talent, but nothing beyond that. Leadership is often the difference between good and great, but not bad and great.

Tennessee's biggest problem is that the coaches we've hired have stunk. They cannot develop talent, cannot manage staffs, and are bad in-game coaches.
The last paragraph is obvious so back to the first one. Let's just say a leader makes any team better. You said that success comes first then you lead. As if Al would not have been a leader if he was on a bad team. Disagree with that. He may not have been on the national championship team if he were on a bad team, but he would have been a leader and made his team the best they could have possibly been because that is what leaders do. He also lead that talented Tennessee team to win against other talented teams.

Problem is that doesn’t do anything for the offense. I believe that with a full offseason and those two additions to the staff that we will see a major jump in our defense in 2021.

The problem is, we’ve done nothing to fix the offense outside of ousting JG. But we still have Weinke on staff who cannot develop anyone. Even when Bailey and Shrout came in, the offense still struggled because those guys haven’t been developed either.

And then there’s Chaney, the most non creative play caller in the country. He did nothing to scheme guys open. He didn’t do anything creative to try and create mismatches. He didn’t use any gadget pieces like Holiday. He didn’t get our playmakers in space. He didn’t even use pre snap motion.

If we don’t replace those two the offense will continue to be terrible

I’d be curious to see what our O looks like with Friend, JG, and hopefully Weinke gone.

Problem is that doesn’t do anything for the offense. I believe that with a full offseason and those two additions to the staff that we will see a major jump in our defense in 2021.

The problem is, we’ve done nothing to fix the offense outside of ousting JG. But we still have Weinke on staff who cannot develop anyone. Even when Bailey and Shrout came in, the offense still struggled because those guys haven’t been developed either.

And then there’s Chaney, the most non creative play caller in the country. He did nothing to scheme guys open. He didn’t do anything creative to try and create mismatches. He didn’t use any gadget pieces like Holiday. He didn’t get our playmakers in space. He didn’t even use pre snap motion.

If we don’t replace those two the offense will continue to be terrible
Would be nice if he recruited too.

Wanya putting out a little "teehee where am I going? :p" list makes me think he was someone Pope was talking about in his interview.

As it has been posted here, Swain made innuendo that Wanya never fully committed to the necessary work ethic. I hate it, and as much as we need to recruit talent, right now it’s more important that the culture get changed. Butch was roasted for it, but give me the 5* heart right now.

Reactions: SmokinBob
I love Al, but the reason why that guy was such a leader and looked at as a leader was because the team was freaking good.

The success comes first, then leaders emerge. It's hard to lead if you stink.
This. “Leadership” is something that comes after success. Who’s the leader on Alabama’s team this year.... or the last decade. The answer is saban

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back