Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee football has a deep rooted culture problem. It has remained through multiple coaches, ADs, presidents, and chancellors.

Things will not change until an incredible leader arrives on the scene and starts creating a healthy culture. That leader can be at any of the above levels, it just takes one person to start changing things.

Until that person shows up, this will remain our plight.
Agree, that person should be Al Wilson. Who'd want to piss that guy off by starting ish?

Reactions: msanford52
Tennessee football has a deep rooted culture problem. It has remained through multiple coaches, ADs, presidents, and chancellors.

Things will not change until an incredible leader arrives on the scene and starts creating a healthy culture. That leader can be at any of the above levels, it just takes one person to start changing things.

Until that person shows up, this will remain our plight.
Screenshot_20210115-125339_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Point of my first post regarding this being: we don’t utilize the RPO like other teams. We don’t take advantage of the rules in college (OL being able to block 3 yards downfield on pass plays vs 1 yard in the NFL) like other teams do.

Watch this clip and look how far downfield a couple of these OL are blocking on what turns out to be a pass play.

I think that rule needs to be changed to the NFL rule. In today's college game teams are calling straight up run plays and then throwing out of them which is garbage. I think every team trys to take advantage of it. Not having a TE that the defense has to really account for hurts us and TE is very important in the RPO era. Our QB's weren't scaring and body with their run games. So teams can zone it up and take away the quick hitters.

Serious question, not trying to be a jerk.

Are there any staff changes on offense that would make you (and the other Never-Pruitts) say he should get another year?
Pruitt changes staff like most people change their underwear.

Getting behind Pruitt because of staff changes is a sucker's move. He's the problem, not the staff.

You'll always stink without a leader.
You'll be pretty good if you have some talent, but nothing beyond that. Leadership is often the difference between good and great, but not bad and great.

Tennessee's biggest problem is that the coaches we've hired have stunk. They cannot develop talent, cannot manage staffs, and are bad in-game coaches.

Serious question, not trying to be a jerk.

Are there any staff changes on offense that would make you (and the other Never-Pruitts) say he should get another year?
Sure. Hire a Jeff Lebby, Art Briles type and give him a free hand. I'm not a never Pruitt or anybody else, but this is a results oriented business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back