Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else see a problem hiring a DC before we have a new HC? if I'm a coach, I wanna hire my own DC. It Doesnt make sense he would come in as a DC. Looks like Fulmer is calling the shot tho with a Steele hire.
If Chadwell us the guy. Hell no. Hes going to need a strong DC and Fulmer probably has a much better relationship with Steele then he would. If it were a coach with P5 ties then maybe its an issue.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Why in the world would you ask his opinion if he wasn’t going to be here?

At this point:

Marrone: HC
Chaney: OC/OL
Graham: RB
Tee: WR/ Passing game coordinator
DC: Pruitt
DL: Gardner
LB: Steele
CB: Ansley

Because it’s a mess nobody really knows.
Change HC who is QB coach TE coach

What is the risk of Freeze? If he doesn’t act right just fire him with cause. He is by far the lowest risk of any candidate. He has won everywhere and would definitely win at UT. He is the only candidate that rivals would be worried of us hiring.

Agreed. As far as football goes almost every candidate is riskier than Freeze.

The guy already got caught and sought forgiveness. His Liberty team would beat our teams ass today. We would likely be getting a humbled version of him entering his prime.

One of the great idiot moves of all time if we don't even talk to him after he made it known he was interested. Foolish.

Just got home from a long day at the hospital. Mom's surgery went well. Results of biopsies won't be back for at least 48 hours.

So what's the latest on the investigation, and who have we landed on today for the coaching carousel?
Dooley. Hips a go . He's rested and ready. Orange dog coming with him.

Great to hear Mom's surgery went well!

Reactions: Weezer
Isn't that what people wanted ? A offensive minded coach with a solid DC.

I'm still just gonna sit over here and hope it's Freeze. Cause it seems too ridiculous to assume they never talked to him.

I'm probably wrong and that's fine. Hopefully it's Chadwell if not. Whatever.

Heaven forbid we ever once make a fun choice.

I think the Steele hire makes a lot of sense if you’ve been talking about it with your top couple choices.

If a new guy comes in there’s a good chance the whole defensive staff turns over. Having Steele here now to hopefully build relationships with the players before being retained would at least help keep guys from transferring. Especially because I’m sure he recruited a lot of players previously.

If we hire a new coach I definitely don’t want to be completely rebuilding. Would like to keep tee, graham and Chaney on the offensive side. Steele on defense now.

Does anyone else see a problem hiring a DC before we have a new HC? if I'm a coach, I wanna hire my own DC. It Doesnt make sense he would come in as a DC. Looks like Fulmer is calling the shot tho with a Steele hire.
Perhaps the new coach has already been determined and is assembling his staff now. Steele as DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back