Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't take it seriously if you are going to say that Marrone is "probably just as good as Chadwell or Napier." It's not even close. Herman won at a G5 school and had one good year with a Sugar Bowl at Texas where he still lost 4 games. I just can't believe people just look at numbers and nothing else.
How about this number...Marrone has a career winning percentage hovering in the .450 range.

Solid post.
The VolNation rumor cycle in a nutshell:

(1) Completely unsubstantiated rumor posted on VolNation ->
(2) Crappy sports media says they heard a rumor after reading it on VN ->
(3) People see rumor in media, think it's legit, and start sharing with other people; after all if it's in the media it must be true! ->
(4) Someone posts on VN about the rumor, after hearing it from a friend, who heard it from the media, who stole it from VN

Could be wrong, but I swear this is the cycle for like 80%+ of rumors.

Seems clear to me that if it isn't Pruitt then it's Marrone

Why in the world would you ask his opinion if he wasn’t going to be here?

At this point:

Marrone: HC
Chaney: OC/OL
Graham: RB
Tee: WR/ Passing game coordinator
DC: Pruitt
DL: Gardner
LB: Steele
CB: Ansley

Because it’s a mess nobody really knows.

I love freeze but there’s a lot of risk there, much much more than you are acting like. The majority of the fondness for him is because he won two meaningless games against Alabama. It’s still very impressive but there’s more to it.

You also don’t need to have recruited well in the sec before being hired in order to infect recruit well. It’s been proven time and time again.

I could also make the argument that winning nfl playoff games (or really any games) with Blake bortles or Gardner minshew is more impressive than anything any other realistic candidate has done.
I could make a better argument that dozens of NFL playoff games and even a few SBs over the years have been won by mediocre coaches with sucky QBs.

Reactions: 9876543vol
I could make a better argument that dozens of NFL playoff games and even a few SBs over the years have been won by mediocre coaches with sucky QBs.
Bortles has been healthy scratches on teams. If it weren’t for covid protocols he wouldn’t even be on a roster. He’s that bad.

Just wait McGill. He will win you over. Not worried about that.

Reactions: quadlee21
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back