Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 332280
Foggy, dreary morning in TN today. Looking forward to some FREEZEing weather this week to push down some birds.
damn, im jealous.

used to love hiking in the snow. never a soul around, and, snow dampens ambient noise.

one of my most favorite times of winter. that an when winter ends.

Last edited:
I don’t think there is anyway that yesterday’s report was coincidental. I think Tennessee is just trying to mitigate a buyout.

Unfortunately, I don’t think the Administration wants to hire Freeze and this will be used as justification to prevent fan backlash. Despite some outliers, Freeze is the overwhelming fan favorite.

I can’t fathom how anyone would not want Campbell. He is going toe to toe with the top programs in the Big 12 at Iowa State. Lol. That being said, I don’t see him leaving a P5 job that he built from the ground for Tennessee.

I think we land on Napier. We could do better, but we could also do worse. I also think Auburn lands Sark.

Napier would be another colosial failure but that is the haslams.

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC
So you got guys like Strong, Mason, Muschamp, Freeze, Gus, Briles, Napier, Chadwell, Fickle, and other coordinators out there right now... surely we can put together a strong, competent mix...

Reactions: SweetasSoda
If Mims is part of this, they better be burning GA and Kirby down as well... the only thing that pisses me off about all of this is GA and AU are some of the worst cheaters and they never get caught, even though everyone and their grandmother knows they do it...
If it’s just about Tennessee coaches giving a credit card for Maurer to host recruits there is a lot of plausible deniability for a young kid who could possibly have just thought Maurer was a generous host

I think it’s very possible a decision to fire is made today with the understanding that it won’t be officially announced until Pruitt has finished his family obligations.

That seems fair for both parties.

The boosters are in town today. They have a meeting this morning as well as meeting all day yesterday during the game. They’re not going to hang around or leave without a resolution.

Are you guessing that they are meeting this morning or do you have reliable connection?

I'm telling you, I think he will. I think he'll win a minimum of 8 games every year, and knock off some of the big 3. We've never hired a coach with a resume like Gus since we got into the debacle when CPF was shown the door. We'll play in Atlanta every 3-4 years, knock off Bama a few times, and be in CFP contention every now and again. After the **** show that has been Tennessee football the last 15 years, sign me the **** up. I'm tired of being a laughing stock. We have won 8 regular season games 2x in 13 years. I'll take that as the floor any day of the week.

This i agree with. Talk of all these up and comers is just leading to another 3 years of being in the exact same place we are now. Auburn has made a big mistake. I just hope if a change is made Gus is the hire. Freeze would be ok too but he is a few notches below Gus.

Are you guessing that they are meeting this morning or do you have reliable connection?
There is always a meeting of the minds at the end of the year. With COVID limiting travel, these guys aren’t going to want to come back again to make a decision.

My gut, with a sprinkling of legit info thrown in, is that he will be fired today but it will only leak to the press. An official announcement will come tomorrow or Tuesday.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
This i agree with. Talk of all these up and comers is just leading to another 3 years of being in the exact same place we are now. Auburn has made a big mistake. I just hope if a change is made Gus is the hire. Freeze would be ok too but he is a few notches below Gus.
Gus and Freeze check a lot of boxes. Gus comes with the added bonus of running a clean program at Auburn (*wink wink* yeah i know). The deal is Gus may want to take some time off after being in that pressure cooker and will probably have plenty of options next year. Freeze would probably be more desperate and would take the job even if UT has some penalties from the NCAA. Gus may want no part of that. I dont know.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Gus reminds me of Barnes
Freeze reminds me of Pearl
Kiffin is our toxic ex that we can’t get over even though they are the reason we are in purgatory.

On a message board. No one truly knows.

That said, Randy Boyd and Fulmer have a very good relationship, and Boyd and others wouldn’t hire Lane Kiffin either.
And that may be true. But to your OP, it has nothing to do with Kiffin replacing him. It would be the way he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back