Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will stop once we get a coach worth it.

If you don't like people complaining/venting then you can walk away, or find other things to do, etc.

This is a board, where fans come to talk about the Vols, positive or negative.

I think he may be talking about those who for like the 100th time tell us they are out, done, fed up and never coming back. Then a couple post later they are posting again. lol Then later we get the reminder again "I am out, I am done, I am fed up and I am checking out." Then a few post later rinse and repeat. HAHA

Again, if you are going to check out, walk away, find other things to do on Fall Saturdays, quit donating, etc., please keep it to yourself. I am personally tired of reading about it. TIA.
Agreed, but I also understand the frustration and that most people are just venting. I don't look forward to a coaching search, even when it's very much deserved. For one, it just means we continue to fail. And for two, I have zero confidence we'll finally find "our guy". University leadership has shown us time and again they really suck at this coaching search thing. Why should I expect better this time? I'll always support my Vols, but my hope of ever being good in football again is fading. Not a good feeling.

It will stop once we get a coach worth it.

If you don't like people complaining/venting then you can walk away, or find other things to do, etc.

This is a board, where fans come to talk about the Vols, positive or negative.
It won't ever stop, but that is fine. I have been more negative this year than ever before. I just don't care if people are not going to care.

Late yesterday afternoon Basilio was first to say Fulmer was "digging his heals in" fighting to keep Pruitt. Since then, we're hearing the same thing from a few more "insiders" and now Doug Matthews. It appears Fulmer is going to die on that hill and is as stubborn as Pruitt. Fulmer hired the worst coach in our history, a Bammer, who will likely get us sanctions as a parting gift to his complete ineptitude and 20+ point losses. Pruitt AND Fulmer need to go IMO.
According to LAVOL the decision is out of Fulmer’s hands anyway but pretty sad it seems like he going to bat for a guy who has led the program to even worse depths than the prior coaches before him. Fulmer is just not a good judge of coaching talent and it’s obvious he is stuck in a 90’s mindset in terms of hiring a long with the other half of our fanbase

I'm telling you. Gus won't win here. In 4 years we will he hiring a new coach and debating about why gus could do pretty good at auburn but not at tennessee. Then tn will hire another coach with this play it safe and just win the ones we are supposed to attitude. It's worked so far.....right?
I'm telling you, I think he will. I think he'll win a minimum of 8 games every year, and knock off some of the big 3. We've never hired a coach with a resume like Gus since we got into the debacle when CPF was shown the door. We'll play in Atlanta every 3-4 years, knock off Bama a few times, and be in CFP contention every now and again. After the **** show that has been Tennessee football the last 15 years, sign me the **** up. I'm tired of being a laughing stock. We have won 8 regular season games 2x in 13 years. I'll take that as the floor any day of the week.

Here ya go peeps.

Definition of better the devil you know than the devil you don't know

used to say that it is better to deal with a difficult person or situation one knows than with a new person or situation that could be worse.

So it could be that he supports Pruitt, orrrrrr maybe referring to some kids transferring. But if Pruitt gets support from players he will be back.

Again, if you are going to check out, walk away, find other things to do on Fall Saturdays, quit donating, etc., please keep it to yourself. I am personally tired of reading about it. TIA.
Now you're trying to take the fun out of even that?

Maybe you need to take a break from VN then. This is how it will be until there is positive change. After all it is a Vol message board.

I don’t think there is anyway that yesterday’s report was coincidental. I think Tennessee is just trying to mitigate a buyout.

Unfortunately, I don’t think the Administration wants to hire Freeze and this will be used as justification to prevent fan backlash. Despite some outliers, Freeze is the overwhelming fan favorite.

I can’t fathom how anyone would not want Campbell. He is going toe to toe with the top programs in the Big 12 at Iowa State. Lol. That being said, I don’t see him leaving a P5 job that he built from the ground for Tennessee.

I think we land on Napier. We could do better, but we could also do worse. I also think Auburn lands Sark.
Napier is bad. Butch level bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back