Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all indications it seems he loves the history here. I think he's the type to reach out to former players. He's totally new to the SEC which is mostly bad but there is a silver lining. He doesn't have the connection to Georgia and wherever Saban is like Dooley. Strong would've had that connection to Florida, Smart with Bama and Georgia. He should be all VOL and it looks like he's ready to be. He already said last year he loved Rocky Top.

Thought he went back to recruiting once chizik was fired? Different story if so

I really don't remember but this is what Farrell said when Malzahn wasn't retaining Trooper.

And whoever takes the #Vols job should instantly hire Trooper Taylor and watch the recruits follow.

Do you think he would say that if Trooper was in serious trouble?

Reactions: 1 person
We need to get off this Trooper business ASAP. There was a reason he just got fired at Auburn. :banghead2:

I say let Jones just get what he wants. I just don't like the idea of these has beens and folks who have overplayed their hands. Glory just can't be bottled (apologies to Jack Daniels). I think Jones understands that he is in the SEC and that he will need to recruit in the South. But I guess you guys can float a memo if you think it is necessary.

Trooper could coach WR or RB. I don't think he comes here but I really wish he would. He's a douche but the recruits freaking love his ass.

Personally I like Jones as coach. I felt like we lucked out bc he was supposed to have signed with Colorado and almost did sign with Purdue.

Most analyst thought that Jones would be the top candidate over Strong and assuming that Hart felt Jones was off the market at the time and in full pursuit of Strong, then the whole turn of events went favorably in UT favor. We ended up, I think, with the coach that we wanted prior to Strong, and for less money. Yet people are giving Hart a bad rap. Should Hart have been a little more up front with the fan base? Maybe. If Hart came out and released a statement like, "We are not pursuing Gruden and at this time we have x number of coaches to interview by x date..." then I think the fan base would be more receptive of Jones.

Challenges for Jones:

Energizing the fan base, surrounding himself with a great staff, recruiting.

Challenges for Hart:

I posted some remarks yesterday about the academic challenges and read some good posts- most remarks were informative. After reading some of the feedback, I think the challenges are becoming more apparent - Cheek and Martin. It looks like the athletes are getting the help they need but there are some issues in the upper level of the academia with their support of the athletic department. I think Hart is doing all that he can and for the next few years, these types of challenges will and should be in Hart's court.

If there was ever a time when the fan base and boosters needed to show more support - its now - and in every way possible encourage Coach Jones and Dave Hart. I would love to see the boosters and fans be more vocal about Cheek and Martin doing more to support the AD.

Whether Hart made the right hire remains to be seen but looking back why did he not use a search firm? He could've had a list of candidates lined up that he knew would take this job. Instead he makes UT the punchline of jokes around the nation by getting rejected by multiple coaches again. If a search firm was involved he could've denied even offering those coaches directly & saved this university a lot of embarrassment.

We may have found a great coach & I'll support him until he gives me a reason not to but this looks like a desperation hire at UT again from outsiders. I know there are problems at UT but am I the only one who is a bit skeptical of Hart after all this?

Correct if I'm wrong but didn't uk, au, & ark all have search firms? I don't recall any of them getting rejected multiple times & setting on their 4th or 5th choice.

You guys keep saying he is about to be hammered, but he was allowed to recruit again. Recruiting analysts say Trooper Taylor should be hired. Why would they say that if he is about to get hammered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back