Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Vol fan wanted his dad, me included, and look how that turned out.

I agree. At the time I was excited about a Super Bowl winning coordinator. Still have no problems with Monte. Supposedly he was upset about bolting UT after a year.

Whether Hart made the right hire remains to be seen but looking back why did he not use a search firm? He could've had a list of candidates lined up that he knew would take this job. Instead he makes UT the punchline of jokes around the nation by getting rejected by multiple coaches again. If a search firm was involved he could've denied even offering those coaches directly & saved this university a lot of embarrassment.

We may have found a great coach & I'll support him until he gives me a reason not to but this looks like a desperation hire at UT again from outsiders. I know there are problems at UT but am I the only one who is a bit skeptical of Hart after all this?

Correct if I'm wrong but didn't uk, au, & ark all have search firms? I don't recall any of them getting rejected multiple times & setting on their 4th or 5th choice.

Pete Carroll was USC's 5th choice

it doesnt matter how many turned it down - it just matters if you actually got a good one

i think we got a good one - time will tell

but in the end it takes 2-3 years to evaluate a coach - not 1 day on wikipedia

he has a good resume, has won everywhere he has been and whether it was lower tier or not he did it a BCS conference

notre dame hired a coach with a very similar resume to Bjones and they are in the natn title game after 2 years

the fact that UT got turned down by gruden et all doesnt mean a thing in the whole scheme of things

Reactions: 1 person
Ok a little more than excited to be ATTENDING THE PRESSER IN PERSON!

Skeeter if you see a guy in a black Callaway jacket standing with two others that are former UT athletes, say hello lol.

Highlight of my career as a UT Fan!

Will post pics if I am allowed to take them.

Reactions: 5 people
Well to say I wasn't gonna be happy if we hired him would be an understatement, but the more research I did and after going through several UC forums I am starting to get to like this hire. No he's no Gruden but he does want to be here, he will fight the admin to get what he needs to help the program and his players love him.
Now I'm holding out to on being fully supportive of him to see who he hires for his staff. If he brings his staff from UC I'll be back to being upset. But if he keeps Pittman and Graham and goes out and hires so great recruiters and some top notch coodinators then I will fully support him.

on another note - for those bashing OCI and other "insiders" I think you need to come to a message board with proper expectations - if you think Peyton Manning or Jimmy Haslam's best friend hangs up the phone with them and goes immediately to volnation and starts posting - you are on crack - they go to their yachts and a really awesome life

its us regular joe's that love UT football on here and nothing more - some of us pretend we are "connected" and others don't - but noone on here is haslam or manning's best friend so while some might know a friend of a friend's twice removed dog that is about as close to the movers and shakers in the UT AD as you are going to get

so don't get too hyped when they say this stuff and take it with a grain of salt

i like getting their info and sometimes it turns out correct - just know to take it for what it is

also OCI was hardly the only "insider" that was off on this coaching search

Pete Carroll was USC's 5th choice

it doesnt matter how many turned it down - it just matters if you actually got a good one

i think we got a good one - time will tell

but in the end it takes 2-3 years to evaluate a coach - not 1 day on wikipedia

he has a good resume, has won everywhere he has been and whether it was lower tier or not he did it a BCS conference

notre dame hired a coach with a very similar resume to Bjones and they are in the natn title game after 2 years

the fact that UT got turned down by gruden et all doesnt mean a thing in the whole scheme of things

Where did I question if he is the right hire or his resume ect? Just wondering why Hart didn't use a search firm. Could've saved us a lot of embarrassment at a time when we don't need any more embarrassment.

Over/Under 24 hours before its broken Sal hasn't been retained? I will take the under and say it breaks tomorrow morning.

Skeeter if you see a guy in a black Callaway jacket standing with two others that are former UT athletes, say hello lol.

That's awesome, man! Glad you get that opportunity. :good!::hi:

Over/Under 24 hours before its broken Sal hasn't been retained? I will take the under and say it breaks tomorrow morning.

I hope it happens at the presser, opening line:

"just to put to bed any concerns, Sal has been let go. That was part of my contract, that I would never have to even meet him, in case his bad DC ability is contagious."

Reactions: 2 people
Where did I question if he is the right hire or his resume ect? Just wondering why Hart didn't use a search firm. Could've saved us a lot of embarrassment at a time when we don't need any more embarrassment.

sorry if not clear - i didnt mean to insinuate that you didnt think it was a good hire

i just wanted to point out that other schools had been in a similar spot and the embarrassment is likely more perceived than real - in the end 5-7 is the embarrassment - so if the guy you hire comes in and wins then everyone forgets about how it happens

so to sum it up - i think with a search firm the same people that said no would have said no - we would have landed on the same coach at about the same time - we saved AD a lot of money (search firms don't come cheap) - and real,lasting embarrassment only happens in the season, not the offseason

Well to say I wasn't gonna be happy if we hired him would be an understatement, but the more research I did and after going through several UC forums I am starting to get to like this hire. No he's no Gruden but he does want to be here, he will fight the admin to get what he needs to help the program and his players love him.
Now I'm holding out to on being fully supportive of him to see who he hires for his staff. If he brings his staff from UC I'll be back to being upset. But if he keeps Pittman and Graham and goes out and hires so great recruiters and some top notch coodinators then I will fully support him.

Doubt he keeps them - has own guys he knows - Hart will recommend Pittman & Graham & both want to stay - Graham more likely to stay if either get a chance.

Thanks for your opinion. God forbid I post anything slanderous towards Skeeter but its clear that you know maybe half what you claim to know. Might be good for you to take some time off from posting and find new "sources."

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about

10 bucks if you peel off the loudest one you can muster during a quiet spot.

Might break the tension.

Also, made the mistake of venturing out of this thread.

Its like coming back into the house when its -10 outside. "Whew...not going back out there..."

Pat Narduzzi, the Michigan St DC should definitely be looked at by Jones. His defenses are always near the tops in the country.

Pat Narduzzi, the Michigan St DC should definitely be looked at by Jones. His defenses are always near the tops in the country.

Would be a great hire. I heard a Cincy writer on Basilio show today say he could be a candidate to replace Butch at Cincy. I'd love to have him as DC here though, we could double his salary no problem and wasn't he a possibility when they hired Sal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back