Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve killed several neighbors ankle biters and cats. We have a Belgian Malinois, and she keeps them away from the house. She’s smart enough to chase them too far tho, just away from close proximity of the house.
I had a pit bull that killed 2 of them in my yard. The first one she got in the middle of the night. I found it floating in my pond the next morning. The second one she got the middle of the day while I was at work. She broke its back then sat there taunting it til I got home and put it out of its misery. She was a good dog. Died of cancer a few years back.

they are in suburbs now.

TWRA considers nuisance animal. Refuse to relocate. I was told 'check with municipality before discharging a weapon'...'we wont intervene'.

My wife said it cant get in over our fence 😳 check that, they can.

Unfortunately in city its either poison or hand to hand combat.
Get a decent compound bow or cross bow

I had a pit bull that killed 2 of them in my yard. The first one she got in the middle of the night. I found it floating in my pond the next morning. The second one she got the middle of the day while I was at work. She broke its back then sat there taunting it til I got home and put it out of its misery. She was a good dog. Died of cancer a few years back.
That is awesome and equally as sad! Seems the good one always go early. sitting here picturing your pit taunting one of those mangy bastards!! Lol

That is awesome and equally as sad! Seems the good one always go early. sitting here picturing your pit taunting one of those mangy bastards!! Lol
It was pretty awesome man. All it could do was lay there and hiss at her. She was locked in just daring it to move. She was so proud and I was equally proud of her. One of the best dogs I ever had. My wife always felt safe with her in the yard. She definitely kept the critters away. Even snakes. She could sniff out anything and was always on guard. Nicest dog I’ve ever owned to people though. She would jump in the truck with a complete stranger.

See, I'm a quarter mile from Broadway, I-40 and 640, in Knoxville, so I've never seen or heard a coyote, around my house and probably never will. So, although I've heard, what a pain in the a$$, they are, I've never seen it. Plus, I'm soft, I don't even like to kill spiders, the only thing I've really killed on purpose is a couple of mice and rats and I felt bad about the mice
Go Falcons!

Reactions: The Dog
See, I'm a quarter mile from Broadway, I-40 and 640, in Knoxville, so I've never seen or heard a coyote, around my house and probably never will. So, although I've heard, what a pain in the a$$, they are, I've never seen it. Plus, I'm soft, I don't even like to kill spiders, the only thing I've really killed on purpose is a couple of mice and rats and I felt bad about the mice

I'm not sure what got this convo started, but let me assure you, they are there. In recent years, I saw one at the I-40/I-640 split in East Knoxville, and I also saw one behind the KFC on Cedar Bluff, at the back of the parking lot.

I do not often notice them howling at night, but I did experience this when hunting at Catoosa a few years back. I was probably a mile from the main road, walking back to the truck at dark. I was in unfamiliar territory. Suddenly, a whole pack began to make their chorus nearby. It made the hair stand up all over my body, knowing that I was alone in their home territory. At night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back