Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh well it depends on how long those antibodies last, and your old antibodies usually provide partial protection to newer strains.

The flu vaccine can last about 6 months worth of protection but can also go away faster then that as well. It all depends on your body really. Each individual is different. Natural immunity is usually not as long lasting as a vaccine.

so even if you have acquired flu antibodies and have gotten a flu shot you can still contract the flu, correct?

i'm guessing we have treatments for the flu that generally work so that virus isn't usually fatal or something that puts one into the hospital unless they're somewhat unhealthy, right?

lastly, if someone develops Covid19 antibodies and a vaccine is eventually approved it probably will not prevent someone from contracting Covid19.

so currently we're hoping the combination of cross-protecting antibodies and acceptable treatments (remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine/zinc) will be effective. - so why are we treating Covid19 differently than H1N1 since we now have effective treatments available?

Covid19 hasn't proven especially fatal to healthy folks, unlike the Spanish Flu. my apologies and sincerest condolences to those that have suffered a loss.

just trying to flatten the curve i guess...

i've got a question for you regarding loss of immunity.

so if you contract a 'virus' and it is the flu.

your body develops antibodies but they will not protect you from contracting the flu again, correct?

There are different varieties, and the flu is constantly morphing. However, if you get the flu, I am guessing that you are going to be immune from that strain for a while, as in years.

There is talk (in the media) that you might only gain immunity from the Chroneys for a few weeks or at best a handful of months. This could potentially also be true with vaccines. In this case, vaccines might help us get this under control temporarily, but would not be a longterm solution unless a vaccine was eventually created that would activate the needed longterm immunity. I have read that one of the vaccines causes t-cells to also be created to fight the virus. It could potentially cause longer immunity.

This is all just conjecture right now. So, we will see. My guess is that most people will have a decent level of immunity - after having the virus, or a vaccine - for a year or two at least.

Sorry, but I'm not sure there is a reader's digest version of this, and I know that is what a lot of people want. It's complicated, and we are just going to have to deal with it.

I am not a doctor, but I went to one once. So, consider me an expert.

so even if you have acquired flu antibodies and have gotten a flu shot you can still contract the flu, correct?

i'm guessing we have treatments for the flu that generally work so that virus isn't usually fatal or something that puts one into the hospital unless they're somewhat unhealthy, right?

lastly, if someone develops Covid19 antibodies and a vaccine is eventually approved it probably will not prevent someone from contracting Covid19.

so currently we're hoping the combination of cross-protecting antibodies and acceptable treatments (remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine/zinc) will be effective. - so why are we treating Covid19 differently than H1N1 since we now have effective treatments available?

Covid19 hasn't proven especially fatal to healthy folks, unlike the Spanish Flu. my apologies and sincerest condolences to those that have suffered a loss.

just trying to flatten the curve i guess...

The antivirals for flu are specific to that virus, have been used for a long time, and have few side effects. There is no consensus on the effectiveness of the antivirals some have used for Covid treatment. And there are some worrisome side effects. Right now, the main treatment for Covid treats the symptoms rather than the disease itself. The flu, on the other hand, can be treated effectively if caught early, and the vaccine offers some level of protection also.

@HankHill

Let's say our non-Pope TEs are underperforming. Do you think Chaney would dig deeper into his book and go with more 0 TE spread sets to get a handful of our speedster WRs out there together? Does he have any history of doing this?

Could be cool to see 3-4 4.4 guys out there to stress the D. DB4 would be so f*****.

Yes especially if we can find some one to take over Jennings role as that over sized slot WR. Obviously you are going to tailor your offense to whoever can make the most place but utilizing the slot as your primary offense is one of the easiest ways to help your QB out. Especially with the speed we brought in at WR, Chaney LOVES using false verticals (which is when a WR runs a vertical to push back the defense. They really aren’t even a legit option on the play) we did that a lot with calloway to set up JJ and DWA

There are different varieties, and the flu is constantly morphing. However, if you get the flu, I am guessing that you are going to be immune from that strain for a while, as in years.

There is talk (in the media) that you might only gain immunity from the Chroneys for a few weeks or at best a handful of months. This could potentially also be true with vaccines. In this case, vaccines might help us get this under control temporarily, but would not be a longterm solution unless a vaccine was eventually created that would activate the needed longterm immunity. I have read that one of the vaccines causes t-cells to also be created to fight the virus. It could potentially cause longer immunity.

This is all just conjecture right now. So, we will see. My guess is that most people will have a decent level of immunity - after having the virus, or a vaccine - for a year or two at least.

Sorry, but I'm not sure there is a reader's digest version of this, and I know that is what a lot of people want. It's complicated, and we are just going to have to deal with it.

I am not a doctor, but I went to one once. So, consider me an expert.

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ?

Reactions: i2amavol
Oh boy anecdotal fear mongering!
That guy is what we would call an ANOMALY.
We also dont know what his medical history is. Otherwise, statistically speaking, he is one in a million.

"Covid parties"

People have been partying ALL SUMMER. I know I have! No deaths! No sickness! Millions and millions and millions of young people have been hanging out, partying, protesting and seeing family members?

Ya know how many people 34 and younger gave "died" of covid? Not accounting for those with severe health issues and those whose deaths were added since they just tested postive after death, as in they died WITH covid instead of from it. There is extensive proof that has happened. Colorado was sued by the family of a man who died in a car accident because he was drink driving, because they listed Covid-19 as the cause of death. Colorado took 25 percent of their deaths off following this event. It happens. Without adjusting the numbers to be accurate the death total right now in america for 34 and under is 1,032. You can check the CDC. 1,032 out of the 3.80 MILLION cases and we know it's more than that. Even though young people have socially diatanced the least, that's IT. 15-24 only 157 deaths. 5-14 its 14 deaths. 1-4 its 8 deaths.

Its not killing the young people anywhere in the world. Only the severely compromised and that 30 year old guy.

Sweden right now. No death. They may have achieved herd immunity with the help of T Cells. Not just antibodies. We protect the vulnerable, isolate the infected better we can keep life afloat. At this point there is no way more suppression will actually do anything because the thing is out there like we haven't even seen before. If there are around 60 thousand cases a day continuing this week that means that there are likely a few million out there that are spreading it right now. Theres no freakin way we can stop it with a damn lockdown. It would be a disaster.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
The antivirals for flu are specific to that virus, have been used for a long time, and have few side effects. There is no consensus on the effectiveness of the antivirals some have used for Covid treatment. And there are some worrisome side effects. Right now, the main treatment for Covid treats the symptoms rather than the disease itself. The flu, on the other hand, can be treated effectively if caught early, and the vaccine offers some level of protection also.
Episode 16: Reopening Schools Part 1 - The Osterholm Update: COVID-19

Waiting on the incoming. Wonder if you will catch as much grief as Ulysses did when he said basically the same thing two months ago?

People will be people and continue to give it to one another. The virus will mutate and the present one is losing its punch mortality wise as more people build antibodies from people being people. The answer never has been to have vaccines first because a corona virus vaccine is not like a tetanus, polio or small pox vaccine. The answer is therapeutics first, vaccines second. But I am sure these comments will be met with the usual resistence.
Why not have both?

Waiting on the incoming. Wonder if you will catch as much grief as Ulysses did when he said basically the same thing two months ago?

People will be people and continue to give it to one another. The virus will mutate and the present one is losing its punch mortality wise as more people build antibodies from people being people. The answer never has been to have vaccines first because a corona virus vaccine is not like a tetanus, polio or small pox vaccine. The answer is therapeutics first, vaccines second. But I am sure these comments will be met with the usual resistence.

You are correct and there is a reason a Coronavirus vaccine of any type has not ever been developed.

Reactions: HalfullVol
FWIW, some of the masks crack me up. The sellers advertise how easy it is to breathe in and out through the material while going after the fashionistas' business. So the purpose of a putting a cloth sieve on your face is somewhat irrelevant with those. lol.

Cloth masks are irrelevant period and masks themselves are irrelevant if they aren’t N95s or higher.

The FDA and Health Europa state masks other then N95s or higher are ineffective because they do not stop virus particles from sneezing, coughing, etc.

Cloth masks and Medical Masks (the blue ones) are literally only to protect you from droplets. Not from particles. Masks are worthless.

N95 Respirators, Surgical Masks, and Face Masks

1595207812668.jpeg

Cloth masks are irrelevant period and masks themselves are irrelevant if they aren’t N95s or higher.

The FDA and Health Europa state masks other then N95s or higher are ineffective because they do not stop virus particles from sneezing, coughing, etc.

Cloth masks and Medical Masks (the blue ones) are literally only to protect you from droplets. Not from particles. Masks are worthless.

N95 Respirators, Surgical Masks, and Face Masks

View attachment 294322
They aren’t exactly worthless and you said so yourself “they only protect you from droplets”. This is the very definition of having SOME worth.

But you are right that by themselves masks aren’t a great remedy and that’s why we need a mask (keep my spit to myself) with social distancing (to avoid particles) and proper hygiene (to take care of anything lingering on your hands).

They aren’t exactly worthless and you said so yourself “they only protect you from droplets”. This is the very definition of having SOME worth.

But you are right that by themselves masks aren’t a great remedy and that’s why we need a mask (keep my spit to myself) with social distancing (to avoid particles) and proper hygiene (to take care of anything lingering on your hands).
Don’t disagree with this but I feel most people have a false sense of protection with a mask

Oh boy anecdotal fear mongering!
That guy is what we would call an ANOMALY.
We also dont know what his medical history is. Otherwise, statistically speaking, he is one in a million.

"Covid parties"

People have been partying ALL SUMMER. I know I have! No deaths! No sickness! Millions and millions and millions of young people have been hanging out, partying, protesting and seeing family members?

Ya know how many people 34 and younger gave "died" of covid? Not accounting for those with severe health issues and those whose deaths were added since they just tested postive after death, as in they died WITH covid instead of from it. There is extensive proof that has happened. Colorado was sued by the family of a man who died in a car accident because he was drink driving, because they listed Covid-19 as the cause of death. Colorado took 25 percent of their deaths off following this event. It happens. Without adjusting the numbers to be accurate the death total right now in america for 34 and under is 1,032. You can check the CDC. 1,032 out of the 3.80 MILLION cases and we know it's more than that. Even though young people have socially diatanced the least, that's IT. 15-24 only 157 deaths. 5-14 its 14 deaths. 1-4 its 8 deaths.

Its not killing the young people anywhere in the world. Only the severely compromised and that 30 year old guy.

Sweden right now. No death. They may have achieved herd immunity with the help of T Cells. Not just antibodies. We protect the vulnerable, isolate the infected better we can keep life afloat. At this point there is no way more suppression will actually do anything because the thing is out there like we haven't even seen before. If there are around 60 thousand cases a day continuing this week that means that there are likely a few million out there that are spreading it right now. Theres no freakin way we can stop it with a damn lockdown. It would be a disaster.

Article today about a 37 year old Veteran from OH that actively posted not doing a mask, blah, blah early in pandemic. Died July 7 of Covid. Friends are warning others. Is 37 “young”?

Article today about a 37 year old Veteran from OH that actively posted not doing a mask, blah, blah early in pandemic. Died July 7 of Covid. Friends are warning others. Is 37 “young”?
Yeah I saw people making fun of him for doing that and saying "he deserved it" (yes actual social media comments)

i've got a question for you regarding loss of immunity.

so if you contract a 'virus' and it is the flu.

your body develops antibodies but they will not protect you from contracting the flu again, correct?
Everybody seeks simple answers to complicated qiestions

So I am at 89 with BD and EG and TJ gone. I still have AP because I haven't heard which way that's going to go. I did add MJ (Xfer from NE) to the roster because I figure he's got a scholarship. So we need to drop 4 more I think and then if we add anyone we'd have to drop to accommodate the add. Doug Matthews said Banks was back so I figure he's 95% right most of the time. Based on my perception of the prevailing consensus in this thread I slotted Banks in at LB . I'm also wondering about Buchanan's health status but he was listed on the spring roster so he's included. Anyway, we appear to be getting there numbers-wise. jmo.

It going to be fun to watch these guys play this year. jmo.

View attachment 294197

View attachment 294198
thanks for the roster ... hope i can enjoy watching these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back