Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure I have the mother of a student emailing me through her son’s email account telling me to fix his scheduling issues for this summer and next fall (very much not my job), and she also called the department and left messages with the departmental admin.

Helicopter parents are INSANE.

This is right after my department head emailed me to say that we are going to hybrid course delivery in the fall, which means I have to prepare both online and in-person versions of the same course. My old prof at UT said they’re toying with the same.

Helicopter Karens + Hybrid Courses + “fake concerned, but really just concerned enough to cover liability” administrators = there’d better be f@&$ing football next fall if I have to put up with much more of this bulls&$.

I’m about to go full McGill over here.

article-6255-1.jpg

well its officiial, MLB players are greedy af

I grew up playing baseball and listening to it on the radio. It was by far my favorite sport. My first road trip from Nashville was to a Braves game, when I was about 18. Then came the strike of 95(?) and I soured on it, specifically the players at that time. In the past 20 years I probably hadn't watched more than a handful of games combined until last year. Even then it was probably only a dozen or so.

I'm just turned off by the attitude, greed, and selfishness of professional sports figures in general. In all sports. You can throw entertainers in there too. I know all of them aren't bad, but the ones you hear about give the rest a bad name in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back