Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
images
Yuck... COYG!

I find the BBT formulaic but funny. Comedic TV shows use caricatures. No one is actually as obnoxious as Sheldon, but there are parts of his personality people can relate to. Lots of people have a favorite spot on the couch and get annoyed when their routine is disrupted. Normal people just don't make others suffer like Sheldon does.

Also an old trope is when you have an extreme character (Leonard as the nerd / super-geek) as the protagonist you set him up with a more extreme character (Sheldon) to help him seem normal. Then you can play both their extremism for laughs but not lose the audience's connection to the protagonist. The Frasier / Niles dynamic was quite similar. Frasier was a pompous jerk, unless you compared him to his brother and then he seemed down to earth. Seinfeld / George was another one as both were self-absorbed but George took it to another level.

To each his own I guess. Comedy is definitely something everyone has different tastes in.
Frasier is a better show than Friends and Seinfeld. 1590698208127.gif

That is not an ideal matchup against a deep, bluechip OL. That game plan should not be fancy.

Run the damned ball.
God I hope so. We need revenge. Speaking of which...

I came across a very unfortunate youtube video yesterday and made the mistake of clicking it. It was of this game, one I apparently blocked from memory. It was the 4th quarter. This orange and white team was up 17-3 and had just intercepted the ball and now had possession on the opponent's 29 yard line. Playing some boomer team. Game over, right?? Well, they not only failed to advance the ball, but they ended up going backwards 11 yards and had to punt from the opponent's 40. Somehow, they went on to inexplicably lose that game. I just had to laugh. So glad I didn't recognize what poor team that was with the jackass head coach.

Ahh, the power of forget-me-nows
source (1).gif
4BXSSw5.gif

Reactions: RiotVol
ok, just found a pretty large crack in my foundation, in the dining room. super excited.

anybody got any experience with foundation repair? did you just hire a company do it star to finish? hire an engineer first, then find someone to repair? i know this isn't gonna be cheap.....but w/out knowing just how bad it is up front, not sure i'm interested in getting taken to the cleaners on something stupid....

suggestion box open...........

ok, just found a pretty large crack in my foundation, in the dining room. super excited.

anybody got any experience with foundation repair? did you just hire a company do it star to finish? hire an engineer first, then find someone to repair? i know this isn't gonna be cheap.....but w/out knowing just how bad it is up front, not sure i'm interested in getting taken to the cleaners on something stupid....

As an engineer may I say that if you go straight to a foundation repair company they are going to sell you their system. By going to an engineer first you will get someone who will be unbiased in their opinion. They may tell you that you need a foundation repair company but they may see a different solution.

As an engineer may I say that if you go straight to a foundation repair company they are going to sell you their system. By going to an engineer first you will get someone who will be unbiased in their opinion. They may tell you that you need a foundation repair company but they may see a different solution.
thanks.....

God I hope so. We need revenge. Speaking of which...

I came across a very unfortunate youtube video yesterday and made the mistake of clicking it. It was of this game, one I apparently blocked from memory. It was the 4th quarter. This orange and white team was up 17-3 and had just intercepted the ball and now had possession on the opponent's 29 yard line. Playing some boomer team. Game over, right?? Well, they not only failed to advance the ball, but they ended up going backwards 11 yards and had to punt from the opponent's 40. Somehow, they went on to inexplicably lose that game. I just had to laugh. So glad I didn't recognize what poor team that was with the jackass head coach.

Ahh, the power of forget-me-nows
View attachment 283368
View attachment 283370

I saw the replay of some of this game recently. It was a mixture of playing not to lose, poor execution, and bad luck. Offense in the 4th was bland although I believe Hurd fumbled the ball backwards on the first play after that INT. We missed a FG in the second half. On top of all that, we were up 17-3 when OU got the benefit of two secondary holding calls on 3rd downs on their drive to cut it to 17-10, and that doesn’t even count the poor PI call later.

I did notice that Orlando Brown had at least 2 false starts (because of noise). After the second, the camera goes to a young Sooner fan, who clearly says, “pull his ass.”

Reactions: Devo182

Which state you live in and who do you have homeowners insurance with? This info can make a huuuuuge difference. The wife and I started noticing some cracks in our mortar/brick in a couple of places about 3 yrs. ago. Then, we started seeing some cracking in a few places in our sheetrock. Our house was 14 yrs old at the time. I 1st called our homeowners insurance who sent out an adjuster. After his initial inspection, he told me the insurance co. would be sending out an engineering company to do some testing for possible sinkhole or sinkhole activity.

The engineers found sinkhole activity and recommended 2 companies in the mid. tn area that I should get in touch with. I called USS(United Structural Systems) who came out with the engineer. To make a long story short, thank God we had Farm Bureau Insurance. USS had to install 18 steel pillars along the foundation plus 2 floor jacks near the center of house. Had we not had Farm Bureau, we would have been out of pocket over $76,000 plus the paid around $10.000 on interior sheetrock, painting, caulking etc.

Which state you live in and who do you have homeowners insurance with? This info can make a huuuuuge difference. The wife and I started noticing some cracks in our mortar/brick in a couple of places about 3 yrs. ago. Then, we started seeing some cracking in a few places in our sheetrock. Our house was 14 yrs old at the time. I 1st called our homeowners insurance who sent out an adjuster. After his initial inspection, he told me the insurance co. would be sending out an engineering company to do some testing for possible sinkhole or sinkhole activity.

The engineers found sinkhole activity and recommended 2 companies in the mid. tn area that I should get in touch with. I called USS(United Structural Systems) who came out with the engineer. To make a long story short, thank God we had Farm Bureau Insurance. USS had to install 18 steel pillars along the foundation plus 2 floor jacks near the center of house. Had we not had Farm Bureau, we would have been out of pocket over $76,000 plus the paid around $10.000 on interior sheetrock, painting, caulking etc.
North Carolina and USAA. It's on my list call them tomorrow.. Thanks!

That is not an ideal matchup against a deep, bluechip OL. That game plan should not be fancy.

Run the damned ball.
Sort of a random post. I started with just wanting to see the paper talent on OU's front 7. Then I went on to see the weight advantage for each team's OL.

In short, they have solid paper talent in the front 7, but we have a massive weight advantage between 51 and 61 lbs per player in favor of our OL. On the flipside, OU's OL has a size advantage between 25 and 40 lbs. Comparitively, we are 20 to 25 lbs bigger. Everything in detail below. Don't nitpick the people I have starting on defense :) I just used a preseason article to predict them.

OU's Paper Talent:
SDE Marcus Stripling 90.9 4* SO 6'3 260 (OU roster lists him as 240...have to think this is a typo though. Was 257 out of hs and 247 lists him at 260)
DT Perrion Winfrey 91.6 4* #1 2020 JUCO 6'3 283
DT LaRon Stokes 86.0 3* SR 6'4 276

RUSH LB Nik Bonnito 91.7 4* R-SO 6'3 231
ILB David Ugwoegbu 89.0 4* SO 6'4 245
ILB DaShaun White JR 92.0 4* SO 6'0 223
Will LB Caleb Kelly 98.5 5* R-SR 6'3 234

Trey Smith 6'6 335
Cade Mays 6'6 328
Brandon Kennedy 6'3 301
Wanya Morris 6'5 315
Darnell Wright 6'6 340

UT OL Average - 323.8
OU DL Average - 273.0 (3-front) 262.5 (4-front with RUSH/WDE)
Weight advantage: 61.3 to 50.8 lbs per player for UT

LT Stacey Wilkins 6'6 319
LG Tyrese Robinson 6'3 334
C Creed Humphrey 6'5 307
RG Marquis Hayes 6'5 344
RT Adrian Ealy 6'6 341

Solomon 6'5 315
Middleton 6'5 305
Gooden 6'3 290
Deandre Johnson 6'3 246

OU OL Average - 329.0
UT DL Average - 303.3 (3-front) 289.0 (4-front with WDE)
Weight advantage: 40.0 to 25.7 lbs per player for OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back