Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What...you don't think we have been pissed and **** on enough the last 10-15 years? Guys that are always negative are always gonna get hammered...and rightfully so.

You could be a little of both, and people won't give you such a hard time. I think the sunshine pumpers are a lot less annoying than the sludge dumpers...people just want to be optimistic for a change.

Look at the likes on your post..it is like a who's who of negavols.

I haven't really noticed you before, so maybe you are not in that crowd, but since you brought it up..🤷‍♂️

E2515638-948A-48E4-9732-22E1B4AE807C.gif

Well, sad for sure, but 60-75% of that 20 years is contained within the Great Vol Debacle that hopefully we’re just now coming back from.

It’s funny to think that our grandchildren will look at the Wikipedia of their day and this whole nightmare will just be a dark blip in a storied history. Okay, maybe maybe a touch more than a blip... a blop?

But it doesn’t feel that way when you live through it and that blop is a substantial chunk of your life. Jeez, if you’re not in your 30s you probably don’t know what Tennessee football is really like.

I was 33 years old when we last won a NC but this current dark age has occupied about a quarter of my life. Ugh.

Okay, I’m done. Sorry. Uhhh... Go Vols!

For the first time in a long time, I feel like we are moving in the right direction.

SIAP-49ers mailbag on the athletic

Reed S. asks: I stumbled across Jauan Jennings’ high school highlights in which he was a dual-threat quarterback. I am imagining Jennings as a Taysom Hill-type weapon (if he makes the team). Do you see Shanahan utilizing him this way?
Yes. And Shanahan wouldn’t be reinventing the wheel on this. Tennessee used Jennings in this manner every so often. He carried the ball 13 times for 51 yards and one touchdown as a wildcat quarterback.
Shanahan hasn’t been asked specifically about using Jennings that way. A year ago, however, he talked about possibly using Hurd as a tailback, which Baylor did from time to time when he was there (and he had previously been a running back at Tennessee). Shanahan, of course, is a proponent of using players in multiple ways. Can you imagine Jennings lining up as a wildcat quarterback at the 2-yard line, then pounding the ball in behind Trent Williams and Laken Tomlinson on the left side? Eat your heart out, Taysom Hill.
QB

On Instagram, there is #gbo and someone named lockdownquez, Jarques McClellen (who looks to be a Arky fan) is posting BS UT commits saying with the UT background... he sent out one with a guy named Moses Hilfiger, supposedly a 4* OT and Jason Burrell Jr OT committed... then he took them down... we are in EVERYONE's head!

This stuff is just dumb and weird

It's free publicity for the Vols from a Twitter account with 1+ million followers. Don't see any harm in it. Plus it has caused incredible butthurt among our rivals to the point that their official Twitter accounts are posting "rebuttals" to some guy beating their teams in a video game.

It's free publicity for the Vols from a Twitter account with 1+ million followers. Don't see any harm in it. Plus it has caused incredible butthurt among our rivals to the point that their official Twitter accounts are posting "rebuttals" to some guy beating their teams in a video game.
i know....i find it hilarious that you see the posts about "TN fans getting excited about video games lol", followed immediately by some video clip showing the last time their team beat TN...."cause it doesn't matter".

lol....

i am not a gamer of any kind, never have been, but there are millions of kids and young adults that are.....and to that demographic, this is "cool". so it's fine with me.

that it's apparently worthy of generating any type of reaction from FL, GA or anyone else, i find comical......

Maybe so. Perhaps I am just old fashioned and dont understand today’s world but it seems to me we are coming off as a fan base that is “celebrating” some fictitious victories when we don’t have real ones to enjoy.

Reactions: justwatch123
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back