Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The screen name has an Italian connotation to it. I'll just say that whatever one you decide is more interesting, add this to it.

Salt Salting GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Okay then, color me intrigued. Italian connotation? As a big Sinatra fan, my mind goes immediately to him and Willie Moretti but I got nuthin else. I’ll have to think about it.

I will say, a screen name with an Italian connotation and a food reference puts me in mind of a certain long-lost poster who liked Italian cornbread and Mastroianni. Don’t know what ever happened to him.

Have tried to discuss football in the FF a few times in the last few weeks... Jesus Christ... in case you forgot what it’s like here’s a recap....
-any discussion of WRs gets sidetracked by a mouth breather saying “it won’t matter if we don’t have a good quarterback!!!!!!”
-a thumb sucking walking goatee says “we suck at LB”. Someone else gives a well thought out and researched response. Thumb sucker takes dissenting opinion as a personal attack and gets defensive. Brags about playing JV football in 1989. Conversation ends.
-walking skeleton responds to conversation about modern offense by saying “I’ve been watching the Vols since 1959. Now THAT was football” gets 30 likes because we’re proud of him for working his computer.
-every response of who will start/ be good next year is a freshman. People forget we had decent depth/ role players from the 2018/2019 class who are next up.
-yet again, star gazers with no understanding of recruiting/ coach evaluations complain about our class average Despite the fact we have added 11-13 great players in May.
-someone asks if Cade Mays has been approved again.....

I need a new hobby
Accurate post is accurate.

Last edited:
Haha, I read an article the other day about how they almost 'screwed up' the Pam / Jim wedding episode with some major dark comedy. As I was reading the description of Roy crashing their wedding and Dwight murdering a horse all I could think was 'that would have been hilarious'.

I don't know that there's a right or wrong when it comes to comedy. Some people laugh, some people get offended, I get offended sometimes but still can't stop laughing if it's funny enough.
Same..

I made a comment on lady vols thread about Sarah Puckett only shooting 30 % from 3 and got attacked w "don't watch" comments. Seriously...some of you sunshine pumpers have mental problems. The only acceptable response when we have a new recruit is they are the best ever...and everything Vols do is the best in the world. 2 star? Should be a 5 star and its just espn hate. Did I miss the last decade of us winning nattys every single year and every sport? Jeez. How about REAL discussion instead of this "Vols are #1 at everything and you're a hater if you think otherwise" crap.
What...you don't think we have been pissed and **** on enough the last 10-15 years? Guys that are always negative are always gonna get hammered...and rightfully so.

You could be a little of both, and people won't give you such a hard time. I think the sunshine pumpers are a lot less annoying than the sludge dumpers...people just want to be optimistic for a change.

Look at the likes on your post..it is like a who's who of negavols.

I haven't really noticed you before, so maybe you are not in that crowd, but since you brought it up..🤷‍♂️

Show us on the doll where Tennessee hurt you

Right here

article.352933.large.jpg

If anyone has 4 lower bowl seats for $200 per ticket or less for the Florida game, please let me know. I'm bringing two converted Vol fans and a Gator fan to show him what the Lords house looks like and I want to be in the thick of it. Thanks rednecks.

I typically don't pay for my seats at church, but there's always a first time for everything. Email me @ screamingsnakehandler@att.net

Agree 100%

I agree also. The thing JB is facing that is against him is missing an entire year of football and getting recruited over. He is a bruising RB but he has got to build trust in that he can hang on to the ball. His challenge is, we got like three new RB's coming in this year. Nothing is impossible of course just pointing out he has an enormous hill to climb to get playing time. I like the kid and hope he finds his place. Go JB ! We are cheering for you!

SIAP-49ers mailbag on the athletic

Reed S. asks: I stumbled across Jauan Jennings’ high school highlights in which he was a dual-threat quarterback. I am imagining Jennings as a Taysom Hill-type weapon (if he makes the team). Do you see Shanahan utilizing him this way?
Yes. And Shanahan wouldn’t be reinventing the wheel on this. Tennessee used Jennings in this manner every so often. He carried the ball 13 times for 51 yards and one touchdown as a wildcat quarterback.
Shanahan hasn’t been asked specifically about using Jennings that way. A year ago, however, he talked about possibly using Hurd as a tailback, which Baylor did from time to time when he was there (and he had previously been a running back at Tennessee). Shanahan, of course, is a proponent of using players in multiple ways. Can you imagine Jennings lining up as a wildcat quarterback at the 2-yard line, then pounding the ball in behind Trent Williams and Laken Tomlinson on the left side? Eat your heart out, Taysom Hill.

I agree also. The thing JB is facing that is against him is missing an entire year of football and getting recruited over. He is a bruising RB but he has got to build trust in that he can hang on to the ball. His challenge is, we got like three new RB's coming in this year. Nothing is impossible of course just pointing out he has an enormous hill to climb to get playing time. I like the kid and hope he finds his place. Go JB ! We are cheering for you!
He’s a linebacker.

At LB, he's just meh. He'd actually bring something we're lacking at the RB position if they can fix his fumble problems.
Made his biggest plays at linebacker. We’re deep at RB and getting deeper. Hodge and Whitehead have similar dimensions which rule out the “lacking”. He’ll never have a chance to fumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back