Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've met a few famous people. I met Dooley one time.

tenor.gif

Was in D.C. on a early spring break with the kids doing the museum thing (stopped off in Knoxville the day before to watch one of Kiffin's open practices in Neyland and Bryce Brown was in attendance but hadn't signed yet) ... So after dinner one night in D.C. we were in an athletic store getting my wife some shoes and my kids and I watched Al Sharpton and his "girlfriend" (clearly not his wife) try and literally walk out of the store with merchandise not paying for it... He had a long fur coat on and was on his cell... as the employees realized they were walking out, they started running to the door to stop them and I yelled "hey, ..... AL!!).... he whipped around surprised anyone recognized him and by then the store clerks had caught up and were asking his girlfriend to come back in side to pay... It was EPIC!!!!

Had 2 chance encounters with Lefty Driesell (HOF Basketball coach for Maryland for you youngins). Once at Cheese Cake Factory in Atlanta and 2nd time in a Hotel Elevator in Baltimore. I had not liked him ever since Maryland knocked one of Don Devoe's teams out of the NCAA Tourney. He changed my mind as he was a really nice guy to talk to. I had a UT shirt on and he asked me how good we would be that year. That meeting was prior to Eric Ainge's senior year... so I told him we should be pretty good. He was in Baltimore for a Family wedding. He was taking some BB recruits to dinner in Atlanta when he was GSU coach.

I got to spend a weekend with my friend back then who was a relief pitcher for the Braves. That Sunday I sat in the media room with about 80% of the team in there. Some ex pro football player was speaking. I was like a kid in a candy store. Just couldn't believe I was sitting there with all these guys. Wonderful memories.

THERE WAS GOLF TODAY?!?!?
I had it on and couldn't get into it. For some reason, it just didn't feel right. I'll be glad when it's a full field event in June. I'm sure the match next Sunday will be pretty much the same or worse. I hope Manning and Brady can at least hit some quality shots.

Reactions: Rishvol
I had it on and couldn't get into it. For some reason, it just didn't feel right. I'll be glad when it's a full field event in June. I'm sure the match next Sunday will be pretty much the same or worse. I hope Manning and Brady can at least hit some quality shots.
Don't they both have a sub 5 handicap?

Don't know if any of you remember Marvin Webster "The Human Eraser" played for the Knicks and Settle but spent a week with him many many years ago in Colorado. I played one on one basketball with him and it was hilarious. He was 7 2 and would stand flat footed putting every shot I tried back in my face. lol We played tennis and let me tell ya he was good and when he served it looked like it was coming down from this tall tower. He was the nicest person and several years later I was in Bible in Dallas TX and they came in to play the Mavericks. I called him at the Hyatt and he left me and my friend tickets at the Will Call window. We talked a bit before the game. Again another great memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back