Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bartender in Nashville. Have served/ bartended for Derrick Henry, Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman, Rex Ryan, lots of Preds players, the Black Keys, Jack White, Eddie George and others I can’t remember. But the greatest of all time, without a doubt: Jon Daly. Dude asked how much a bottle of grey goose would be. I said $200, guy gave me 3 bills and hugged me. We had a few cigarettes out back and he slurred “you good kid. You good kid”. Then he hit a golf ball with the tee between my bosses teeth in the parking lot. Nailed it

I also met Mike Mayock at a bar in Knoxville in 98 after the Kentucky game ( I think) . He spent an hour telling me why K State and UCLA were better and more deserving of a BCS championship game appearance.😐

Slick with the...
giphy.gif

Only you old timers will probably know this name, Sonny James. And I met him of all places at a Waffle House. Was working nights at the time many years ago and I usually stopped and ate at Waffle House before going home. There was a nice truck and bass boat sitting in the parking lot. I walked in and took a booth. While waiting for the waitress I looked toward the other end and there he sat facing me and had his son with him. They were headed up to Center Hill lake. I got my coffee and walked over to where he was sitting. I introduced myself and told him I was a big fan and how my dad and uncles' band played a lot of his songs. He asked me if I wanted to sit and talk with them so I did.

This was during the time that his wife was suffering from an inoperable tumor and she told Sonny to take their son fishing and to get out and spend some quality father-son time together. He ended up insisting on buying my meal but I'll always remember the heartbreaking story about his wife and how devoted he was to her.

I don’t know who needs to see this right now, but here you are. Jalapeño burgers with grilled cheddar frico. Hot dogs for the kiddos.

View attachment 280100

What are y’all grilling tonight? Showed you mine, you show me yours. Let’s see it!
I'm a day late, but we're getting busy with a full tenderloin and 4 pounds of thighs...20200517_171936.jpg

I was touring Rodeo Drive on senior trip. I was walking backwards talking to friends and I nearly ran into Henry Winkler. This would have been shortly after The Waterboy. Iceberg was selling Donald Duck sweaters for around 2k apiece.

I have broken bread with the Newt. Any questions?

Newt and his wife stayed at a hotel where my wife and were staying in Savannah. It was a republican convention, that we were unaware of when we decided to celebrate our anniversary there. I'm walking down the hall with my ripped jeans and a Jimi Hendrix T-Shift and there's a big mirror at the end of the hall and I notice these 3 guys in dark suits just staring at me the whole time and I assume they just didn't like my kind. Later, we rode a glass elevator down to the waterfront alone with Newt and his wife, which shocked us that he wouldn't have security with him. But then I noticed the same guys waiting for him when he got out of the elevator so figured they were security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back