Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And men who've been married for any length of time learn to keep that poker face when a smokin' hot young gal hits the screen or you pass 'em on the street. Let the mind race if you want, but never let your face give away your thoughts.
This skill must be learned quickly

Good thread going on 247 about random celebrity meetings/experiences. All I had was Pat Summitt, Bob Kesling, Brian Adams, Jeneane Garofalo, and my sister's story about Elon Musk trying to get her to have a threesome with he and his wife lol. Guess I'll throw in Louise Mandrell too (if any hardcore country fans know her...sister of Barbara) but she is just relative, so don't really consider it.

But one guy had met MLK. Another sat beside Bill Clinton on a plane. Can anyone top those two?
I had a friend who waitressed at a private Dem party at Jake Butcher mansion attended by Clinton's. All of the coffee tables had bowls of cocaine free for usage.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
So, when does this catch up to them?

It will...can’t make a living from it. Kids need to be developed at least a couple of years before reaching their maximum potential...some even more. Multiple year transfers may work out differently, but I don’t see this as a way to overcome deficiencies in recruiting or development.

Couple of things, we have trex on our lake house deck, it's all covered by porches and it works well. But here are a couple of issues:

1. If it's in direct sunlight you won't be able to walk on it with bare feet. I also have a boat dock and I used powder coated aluminum for that, it is much cooler.
2. If it is new construction make sure they space the joists for it, it does not have the same rigidity as wood and will sag under normal joist spacing.
3. Careful of the installation, it can expand and buckle if not done correctly.

There are some new brands or generation of wood/poly that have improved the older trex type products, do your research.
16” centers too far apart?

Good thread going on 247 about random celebrity meetings/experiences. All I had was Pat Summitt, Bob Kesling, Brian Adams, Jeneane Garofalo, and my sister's story about Elon Musk trying to get her to have a threesome with he and his wife lol. Guess I'll throw in Louise Mandrell too (if any hardcore country fans know her...sister of Barbara) but she is just relative, so don't really consider it.

But one guy had met MLK. Another sat beside Bill Clinton on a plane. Can anyone top those two?

Doug Atkins, John Ward, and Ronald Reagan in a motorcade on UT campus when I was a student. Reagan was about 10 yards from me and looked at and waved at me. I was the only person on the sidewalk.
I have played pickup basketball with former Vols Charles McRae, Rodney Jones and Jerald Hyatt. I sat next to Doug Roth at a UT basketball game.

My son has met Phil Fulmer and Lamar Jackson.
My daughter was in a coffee shop and Bill Clinton stopped in and took pictures with everyone there. In the picture he is holding a small bag of Cheetos.
I am saving the best for last - I once sat 3 rows behind Jerry “The King” Lawler on a flight from Atlanta to Memphis. lol

I met Peyton once. But I don't think that tops MLK.

Transfers aren’t the long term answer. Most kids transfer due to lack of playing time. That’s not a sustainable way to build a program, IMO. Once the one time eligibility rule comes into effect that will change the game and make transfers more valuable though.

Mullen will have good years here and there, if he has great QB play. But he won’t ever get Florida to where Urban had them, a perineal powerhouse. You can take that to the bank.

Perineal? Ewwwwwwww........

I grew up with Chad Pennington so I guess that counts. He lived next door to one of my good friends and we would play basketball with him. Chad was a couple years older than us, his sister Andrea was closer to our age.

Good family, his dad Elwood was my gym teacher at Halls Middle School....that dude was freaking huge.

I grew up with Chad Pennington so I guess that counts. He lived next door to one of my good friends and we would play basketball with him. Chad was a couple years older than us, his sister Andrea was closer to our age.

Good family, his dad Elwood was my gym teacher at Halls Middle School....that dude was freaking huge.
Chad’s mom was my home room teacher in school

My wife and I made our annual trip to the Isle of Palms before all of our kids. Our oldest may have been born. We went to the local breakfast spot, and a guy held open the door for my wife after I dropped her off. She wasn’t paying attention. I parked the car and this guy and wife got on bicycles, and I realized it was Kevin Costner. I think my wife had realized it by the time I walked in. He and his family were staying on the island while he was doing something up in Awendaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back