Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my Covid story. I’m right smack in the middle of Westchester (NY) right were the epicenter pretty much started on the East Coast. I had pretty close proximity with someone that did test for it prior to beginning working from home full time and this current quarantine. About 8/9 days later, out of nowhere, woke up with nausea and loss of appetite. By the evening had close to 101 fever. Waited on hold for 3 hours with the drive thru testing they had set up, submitted requests for myself, wife and daughter. Woke up next day, fever gone and back to normal in the next couple days. Meanwhile, 8 days after my call, finally heard back from the dept of health about scheduling a time for the test smh. This is why this will go on for ages and we won’t even have close to a real count on numbers imo. Family is all good for the time being thankfully.

Best of luck to everyone, stay safe out there.

I would almost bet my house that the numbers of cases and deaths in China from the virus is exponentialy higher than their communist propaganda machine is putting out. Just a couple of days ago, they said no new cases or deaths and had reopened movie theaters etc. And suddenly today, they have locked everyone of them down again. Most of the world will never know the truth of the situation there but no way the US leads in number of cases imo.
You really have to be an utter imbecile, or a member of pretty much all media nowadays to believe anything China has said about it....oh wait..🤦‍♂️

I believe, and if there was anyway to actually get the real truth proven, I would bet every penny of my inheritance, that the numbers of total cases and dead Chinese are astronomically higher. I have watched hundreds of travel videos about rural China...if you have, then you know as well as I do that those nasty primitive rural Chinese have almost certainly been devastated. There are just too many people packed in that country to either police or doctor.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangenSC
I mean we used to be a loose federation of states. After the civil war, the states fell under the hegemony of Washington.
That is a little overstated..but it was looser no doubt, and the fight was really over states rights to a whole lot of people in that time, no matter what recent revisionist liberal historians say...I have read hundreds of letters over the years from soldiers and politicians of the time, so it is pretty easy to find that out.

It really did end up being about setting people free, but that was not the reason in the beginning in a lot of folks minds.

I am glad that we have a strong central government...I would hate it if our continent was made up of dozens of little nations. How many more wars would have been fought over all kinds of disputes?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
My point wasn't to knock our federal government, but rather to counter the argument that somehow a constitutional republic is even remotely similar to a a true authoritarian government. The states still have powers as guaranteed by the Constitution, we still have a system of checks and balances, and each state still has representation in Congress.
You are absolutely right

All this Civil War talk...if you have Netflix (who doesn't), reminder that Ken Burns Civil War documentary is still on there. Probably the best documentary ever made. Really drives home how crazy it was and still is that you had Americans slaughtering each other en masse in places we live and work today. Tennessee was damn near the epicenter of the whole thing.

Just the trailer alone is epic:

Great great great documentary...Burns killed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back