Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get somebody who can do the job. Plenty of them out there.
I really really liked me some Coach Fitz. I hope they’ve got someone in mind already. It’s just tough to have continuity in your strength program when you’re having to replace them every other year it seems like.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I really really liked me some Coach Fitz. I hope they’ve got someone in mind already. It’s just tough to have continuity in your strength program when you’re having to replace them every other year it seems like.
As did I but I’m grounded in reality. Pruitt has a huge network...tap it and find someone with a like philosophy.

As did I but I’m grounded in reality. Pruitt has a huge network...tap it and find someone with a like philosophy.
You make a great point there. I’m sure he’s already on the phone putting out the feelers and gauging interest. Wonder if he has a friendship with Georgia’s strength coach?

Reactions: HeadVol77
With all my siblings here at moms just waiting on the inevitable...she actually stopped breathing for several seconds about an hour ago but her will to live is just so strong...the hospice folks were here earlier today, and there was a few minutes then when we thought she was down to it also (awesome awesome awesome people by the way!) and they are shocked that she is still hanging in..

What happened is that when my stepdad passed in Nov 2017, she went through a very rough few months that she was ready to go herself, but then she really decided that she wanted to go on living...so when this cancer came on last year, it is almost like it made her mad more than scared..she told me three weeks ago that she was not afraid to go if that is what God wants, but she really wanted to live. She told me to really live the rest of my life, and to enjoy every moment.

Anyway...it should not be much longer...but..
Hang in there. Just know people are thinking of you. I know it helped me.

Would think first calls would be to Cochran and Feld. Does Cochran really want to be on field coach or was it his way of leaving Saban. Worth a call to ask. Then call Feld who has lots of ties to state if Alabama and went to Miss St to see if he wants to get closer to home.

Reactions: volfaninpa
I think any understanding can potentially be a big help to anyone, if they can find a way to apply it. Once you learn general programming and CS concepts, the different languages/syntax are a small hurdle. Then you can program in Excel (vba), for statistical models at work, build quick data viz presentations, etc. Not necessary, but it can certainly give you a leg up in the workplace imo.

Better yet, you can find ways to automate lots of work others are doing manually ;) There are actually big discussions going on now in communities on the ethics of automating work and one's responsibility to tell or not tell employers they have turned 40 hours of work into 10 hours of work via programming automation.
I’m looking for a career change. I’m a chemist so almost all of what I do is already automated. Knowing a formal language already does help me pick up on stuff quicker.

Reactions: Devo182
I think any understanding can potentially be a big help to anyone, if they can find a way to apply it. Once you learn general programming and CS concepts, the different languages/syntax are a small hurdle. Then you can program in Excel (vba), for statistical models at work, build quick data viz presentations, etc. Not necessary, but it can certainly give you a leg up in the workplace imo.

Better yet, you can find ways to automate lots of work others are doing manually ;) There are actually big discussions going on now in communities on the ethics of automating work and one's responsibility to tell or not tell employers they have turned 40 hours of work into 10 hours of work via programming automation.

I am in school for programming at the moment and am on my 3rd language and this is very true. There will be a lot of similarities and crossover of concepts between languages. It’s why a lot of companies don’t necessarily stress over having to teach you a new language if they like you. I have a friend that graduated from my program 3 months ago and he was taught C# but got a Python job straight out of school. They weren’t worried that he didn’t know it because he showed he can learn CS concepts and that’s most important. They will teach him the syntax and environment. I’m knee deep in C# right now but am going to learn Python next.

Reactions: StoVol and Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back