Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I notice it more because it's my pet peeve.
But watching people on both sides chomping at the bit to slam the political opposition, is just so frustrating.

Whether comments under a story on a news site or here on VN. When I 1st joined, hit the PF a few times when major news happened. Great source with so many bringing breaking news. But no matter how great the tragedy, never took more than 5 posts for someone to use it a justification to attack a political idealism. No, not just the idealism, the living, breathing, fellow Vol fans that just happen to believe in a different path for the same goal.

No matter how disgusting the act, no matter how many were suffering, several can barely remember the token condolences before using it to spread their contempt. Contempt not directed at the evil murders or hideous diseases but for fellow Americans that happen to believe in a different path.

I've accepted that we'll never see the abilility to put differences aside and actually accomplish things together, suppose Reagan and Tip O'Neill were about the last. But I can't help but teach my kids to defy this political disease. Prefer they stay away period but if not, they will respect others and keep their minds open, show respect and focus on the true issues.

No point to any of this other than to let others, that may also feel the same, you're not completely alone...tho it does feel like it at times. We'll never be as vocal as those filled with such animosity, but we are, at least, out here.
Y'all are still my fam regardless, stay safe and Go Vols.
Neither of our current powerful political parties want any kind of national unity, IMO. Makes it tough for all of us.

Anyone want to take a cs50 course from Harvard with me this week?

Learned plenty of programming (qb, vb, c++, etc) in my teens. Now trying to find more applicable forms of it - whether VBA or R or Python to mold to analyses applications.

Last edited:
Learned plenty of programming (qb, vb, c++, etc) in my teens. Now trying to find more applicable forms of it - whether VBA or R or Python to mold to analyses applications.
I don't have any background. Found this on You Should Know reddit and wanted to see if interested me at all. There is some Python covered in this "8 week" course

Reactions: Devo182
I don’t have a background either. I’ve been teaching myself python from an ebook in the python website, and I’ve done the first 3rd of free code camp.

Reactions: StoVol
I don't have any background. Found this on You Should Know reddit and wanted to see if interested me at all. There is some Python covered in this "8 week" course
I think any understanding can potentially be a big help to anyone, if they can find a way to apply it. Once you learn general programming and CS concepts, the different languages/syntax are a small hurdle. Then you can program in Excel (vba), for statistical models at work, build quick data viz presentations, etc. Not necessary, but it can certainly give you a leg up in the workplace imo.

Better yet, you can find ways to automate lots of work others are doing manually ;) There are actually big discussions going on now in communities on the ethics of automating work and one's responsibility to tell or not tell employers they have turned 40 hours of work into 10 hours of work via programming automation.

I think any understanding can potentially be a big help to anyone, if they can find a way to apply it. Once you learn general programming and CS concepts, the different languages/syntax are a small hurdle. Then you can program in Excel (vba), for statistical models at work, build quick data viz presentations, etc. Not necessary, but it can certainly give you a leg up in the workplace imo.
I'm trying to be like this guy.

giphy.gif

So who could we target as a strength coach and do you think CJP already has that in mind? He’s such a calculated dude I seem to think he’s always got a plan in place no matter what.

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back