Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a feeling around UT right now that UT is better when Tennessee people are in charge. That's why Fulmer was named AD, why Charlie Anderson chairs the athletics committee, why Randy Boyd is serving as interim president without taking a salary and why the hope was that Brian Noland would be chancellor. It's why Kara Lawson was appointed to the board, why Kellie Harper was hired to restore WBB, why Tee was brought in as assistant head coach and why Peyton remains very involved. These people care deeply about UT and the tradition of UT athletics. UT is better when UT is winning-- and these people are winners.

Much of the havoc of the past decade was too many people trying to push different personal agendas. So UT has been circling the wagons. It's why Charlie was at practice, why former players are helping current players and why our former HC is looking for solutions alongside the current one. What UT is not going to do right now is discard people without trying to help them... or go outside the program to do it. People who care are going to help this staff and this team be better.

I won't be posting much anymore, but I just wanted to reiterate that for anyone who's interested or cares. Go Vols!
Hate to hear that. You are the best poster on the RF.

I hope. I just don't understand why he's a completely different person than last year. Last year he was ticked that we got whipped by Bama and this year he's treating a loss to GSU like it's no big deal. I'm so confused
Agree with Jake. He's decided to take the fire out in public. The only concern is how he reacts off camera. And I honestly just don't know.

I think Pruitt has lacked emotion in his last few interviews because he is mad and ticked off at himself, his staff and his team. He is trying to say very little publicly. Hopefully, he is fiery with the team and staff

Look at Jennings leading. Make him an assistant coach after he's done playing.

See back in the day (90s) you had grown men leading and playing for UT. Wilson, Hendo, Fair, Grant, Thomp, Coleman, those were MEN. Wilson would slap the **** out of you if you didn’t give it everything. We didn’t need “Leaders”, cause we had GROWN ASS MEN playing. Rough men, mean men, men that didn’t care about your feelings, didn’t care if you didn’t want to go hard in practice, didnt care if you had a hang over from the night before. If you have a lack luster effort, there was a VERY HIGH chance you got your Ass whooped and it happened once or twice and the other guys got the hint.

But it also comes down to having pride and knowing nothing is given. I think now days kids have a sense of entitlement and think they deserve a starting spot based on their recruiting. And coaches have to walk a fine line because a kid will transfer.

From watching the sidelines Sat, there are no Leaders on this team. Just a bunch of kids with no heart. Bring me a kid that has never had ****, and never been shown anything. I’ll take a kid like that any day that has had to bust his ass for that Scholly and that ranking and not just given to him. I want kids that have chips on their shoulders.

People can talk a good game, but when your up against it, I wanna see that emotion, I wanna see you get into guys faces and tell em, either you bring it EVERY MFING PLAY, or I’m gonna stomp your ass after the game!!!! Either your gonna give everything you got, or you’re going to class carrying a ASS WHOOPIN!!!

(Sorry for the language Folks, but I’m tired of seeing this product on the field. I’m tired of hearing this and that. Line up and play some DAMN FOOTBALL!)

Agree with Jake. He's decided to take the fire out in public. The only concern is how he reacts off camera. And I honestly just don't know.
me neither. not sure i want to really.

all i know is when you lose like we just did, everything is under a microscope, and everything is the reason you suck.

so i'd be holding all my cards very close the vest too.

Reactions: chargervol
Hope he's fired up in the locker room and on the practice field
at the end of the day, he is who he is, and there's probably not much that can/should be done about that. so i'd imagine the guy that is in front of the players day in and day out is the same guy....maybe a little more meausred now than in the past, but at his core, he is who he is.

if i had to guess, i'd probably wager more that he was "kick the whiteboard" guy more in the staff meetings than he might be with the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back