Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the additions were upgrades with the exception of maybe one, need to see more before I make up my mind on him. We need better OL and DL coaching and recruiting IMO.
i think the OL recruiting has been fine for the most part. TBD on development imo.

the DL...yeah, it's a glaring weakness with no signs of a quick fix in sight.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
These comments from coach are really confusing and concerning:

How has it been dealing with loss...

"If you coach long enough a loss is the same. You want to be at your best every week. They were so we lost the game. We have to go back this week and improve."

Defensive communication...

From a signalcaller standpoint there wasn't a huge issue. Maybe we didn't leverage the ball or fit a run the right way. We will work to improve and get better. We have had a really good fall camp. Really good. There have been very few days where we didn't get better. Defensively we have some guys who are gaining experience and have worked hard all camp. That's what they are going to continue to do. Offensively we didn't have a bad day other than turning it over.
-VQ

Just wanted to give a shout out to the Georgia State qb on his ability to sell the fake. Nothing to do with our loss to them, just always admired that. Can't stand the QB that bothers doing the fake handoff but doesn't sell it.

That guy had my eyes, our team, and all the TV cameras following the running back almost every keeper. Everyone should do it that way.
I agree. The GSU QB was very good all day long. Now he probably won't do anything the rest of the year since he is on tape for other teams to game plan his run/option game. I thought his passes were very on target also. That 1st completion to the TE over the middle was well covered and he placed it where only his TE could grab it.

Just talk.
He's not actually answering the question, just coach answer.
I hope. I just don't understand why he's a completely different person than last year. Last year he was ticked that we got whipped by Bama and this year he's treating a loss to GSU like it's no big deal. I'm so confused

I think the buyout info that Hyams shared is significant. Buckle up for at least this year, probably next year too. We aren't changing anything. Unless Fulmer wants to coach for free

I hope. I just don't understand why he's a completely different person than last year. Last year he was ticked that we got whipped by Bama and this year he's treating a loss to GSU like it's no big deal. I'm so confused
siap, last year he was criticized for being too emotional, as if to say he wasn't ready for a head coaching job this big. i.e....when's the last time you saw a national contender's head coach kicking white boards on teh sidelines? lol.

this year, he's too calm.

he just needs to win.

and i would imagine what he's putting on at press conferences is probably different than what is happening behind closed doors. that doesn't mean i think he's losing his mind in team meetings.

but i do think he understands this is a young team, and that he and the staff probably didn't help them last week with the plan they had, so he's refraining from putting anyone under the bus other than the obligatory "it starts with me" type stuff.

which is fine.........you lose a game like we just did, and it wouldn't matter how he reacted...the perception is you suck no matter what right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back