Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s totally understandable that the Vols are done with Pruitt; it’s somewhat telling that Tennessee fans by and large haven’t touted any of the available, nationally coveted rising stars in head coaching over Freeze. When “big” jobs are thought to be open, fans and boosters debate names like Matt Campbell and Luke Fickell. Down South there’s always talk about Billy Napier, himself a former Alabama assistant who has SEC recruiting experience. Instead, fans seem to have exhausted rational thought and its mandatory patience for the quickest fix available.
Which is … Freeze? I just assume the Vols are blinded by the fact that Ole Miss beat Nick Saban’s Alabama twice when they haven’t even done it once. Never mind the obvious scandals; on the football field, Freeze’s Ole Miss teams also tripped, gaffed, and sometimes imploded in a very Tennessee fashion. The same year they beat Alabama, they lost to Memphis. The other same year they beat Alabama, they were shut out by Bret Bielema’s Arkansas.
Alas, Freeze remains a master at stoking conversations about Hugh Freeze. Before taking the Liberty job in December of 2018, he managed to surface as *the* candidate for offensive coordinator hires at multiple schools (Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, and Tennessee!) at the same time. I might add that in 2018, all of those schools had head coaches repped by CAA, Freeze’s agency. I might add that after the fact, more than one of those coaches admitted privately that Freeze was never, ever a serious consideration for OC. Funny how that works!
It’s been 13 years since Tennessee last won its division and maintained any national relevance, and in that time its fan base has, understandably, both metastasized with rage and fractured its original internal loyalties along the lines of various power brokers in the Big Orange network. Introducing the Hugh Freeze I know into an ecosystem blinded to its own attributes, failings and potential by palace intrigue and big dumb booster feelings would create the single greatest rubbernecking opportunity in the history of this sport. Anyone remotely interested in football or Southern anthropology would be compelled to slow down and hang their jaws at the fiery detritus of this potential wreck.

The current state of Tennessee football and Hugh Freeze are made for each other

In this, he also says it’s Satterfield, Sarkisian or Napier for South Carolina. Freeze will not get an interview.

I’m not saying he’s ready to pull the trigger and fire Pruitt. But all you guys acting like we need to fire Fulmer to get rid of Pruitt are wrong.

He’s just as upset about the results as the rest of us. Maybe more in some respects.
I actually believe this
Dude bleeds orange
He’s gotta be embarrassed

I’m not saying he’s ready to pull the trigger and fire Pruitt. But all you guys acting like we need to fire Fulmer to get rid of Pruitt are wrong.

He’s just as upset about the results as the rest of us. Maybe more in some respects.
Happy to keep fulmer around if he makes the right decision and fires Pruitt. How is fulmer protecting him? In what way?

So we definitely need Freeze and our Admin is too stupid to do it!!!!! So much chatter about Freeze and UT!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Fulmer wants JP to have a healthy team when we roll into Nashville so he can gauge the level of clu$ter**** we are?

I’m not in the camp that believes Fulmer AND Pruitt would be fired. I think Fulmer would make the next hire, assuming one is to be made.

Reactions: OrangenSC

I don't believe it though, just because they're tied together. I don't see Fulmer firing his guy

Reactions: BruinVol
Can UT just go ahead and opt of the rest of these. We need to salvage the recruiting class. If we get curb stomped in the last 2, it’s over. We’ll be stuck with Pruitt and a low 20s class.
I think there is a good chance that happens regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back