Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all about the teaching. Not sure how much time he's actually had to teach since he's had so little time with the unit. But let's say they do what you suggest. Just don't bitch if he leaves because of it. It's not like other teams haven't wanted him. They have. That should tell you something.
If Neids left because of that I wouldn't care. Coaches are hired to recruit and develop talent not one or the other. If he can't do both then oh well on to the next one

I’m willing to go the Mark Stoops route. It’s just year 3. I believe in Jeremy Pruitt, I think he can get it done. Let him build and establish the program. Give him plenty of time and patience. Let him find a QB and I think we’ll be good.

Don’t even want to talk about another coaching search.
This is most likely what will happen.

Phil of all people knows the benefits of giving a coach time to build a program. He and Majors both are lucky Twitter was non existent back then lol.

This is most likely what will happen.

Phil of all people knows the benefits of giving a coach time to build a program. He and Majors both are lucky Twitter was non existent back then lol.
Most people are lucky social media wasn’t around in their day. Hell I’m in my 30’s and glad it wasn’t around lol

I’m willing to go the Mark Stoops route. It’s just year 3. I believe in Jeremy Pruitt, I think he can get it done. Let him build and establish the program. Give him plenty of time and patience. Let him find a QB and I think we’ll be good.

Don’t even want to talk about another coaching search.
Agreed having a coaching search every 5 years kills the trajectory of the program. Might as well give Pruitt 6-8 years and see what happens. Shouldn’t judge CJP (criticize sure) until the roster is all of his players starting with the current sophomore class (18’ class I don’t consider his players due to him only having 2 months to recruit).

Truthfully, I'm with Bass on this one, for now. Why fire Pruitt to replace him with another roll of the dice? Ask me again next season and maybe I'll be of a different opinion, but right now it would just be insanity.
Yes I’m right there with y’all. We’ve road the roller coaster enough. Give him time and see what he can do. He’s got the smarts(IQ)to do it, but can he transfer that over to his players? Hope so

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan

On the question about what we are doing well and what needs improvement, CJP spent like 20 seconds on the offense and the rest of 2-3 minutes on the defense and special teams. Is that an indictment on the offense or just because he is a defensive minded coach? I guess it could be a little of both.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
At some point he needs to show results. So far nothing
In his defense, Majors & Fulmer both took multiple years to really show their worth and live up to their billing. We can’t be pounding sand after a year and half of the man actually getting his type & style of players and getting his culture implemented. We’re just asking fans like yourself to have a measure of patience. That’s all. It’s tough I know but if allowed to do what he is very much capable of doing, I certainly think we’re a perennial threat/contender with the big boys in a reasonable time frame.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back