Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t have the money to fire all these guys and go out and get a good coach. Pruitt is safe for another year unless they can get him for cause
Fans don't believe he's safe but Fulmer knows what a head football coach looks like. He also knows how far we've fallen since he was terminated and what it's gonna take to bring us back. It's not gonna happen overnight, regardless of what our fans think. Pruitt is gonna get the length of his contract and fans who don't want that to happen need to just get a life. Priutt and this staff is recruiting at a very high level and they will continue to do so because Pruitt has a long term contract.

Fans don't believe he's safe but Fulmer knows what a head football coach looks like. He also knows how far we've fallen since he was terminated and what it's gonna take to bring us back. It's not gonna happen overnight, regardless of what our fans think. Pruitt is gonna get the length of his contract and fans who don't want that to happen need to just get a life. Priutt and this staff is recruiting at a very high level and they will continue to do so because Pruitt has a long term contract.
Now THAT is a good post.

Anyone care to give me the cliff notes on Bo Davis? Would we like that hire? What is his history in college FB?
He followed Saban around a lot. He was with him at LSU, Miami, and Alabama. He was at Texas for 3 seasons under Mack Brown too. He got fired from Bama in 2016 for recruiting violations. He's with the Lions now.

This idea that we have talented freshmen who aren't trying in practice and that's why they aren't playing is fabricated from nothing.

That is not what Pruitt said.

“I don’t think it’s the right way to build a program, because the players know who’s earned the opportunity to play on Saturdays,” said Pruitt on Saturday when asked about playing young players late in a game.

“They know that. There are no secrets in this game. You can see it. We watch film every day. They know who plays hard. They know who makes mistakes. Just because a guy is bigger, stronger or faster, if he’s not done the right stuff through the week, then I think you’re sending the wrong message to the people within your program, when you’re trying to build a program. It’s part of earning it every week.

All comes down to how you interpret the highlighted lines. Seems like both effort and effectiveness factor in. If they are required to earn it every week, it doesn't sound like seniority. It does sound like either effort or a performance standard is how they earn it.

I know he used to coach at Bama. Is he actually good? Don't know anything else about him.
Bo basically got his show cause from the NCAA, 2 years starting in 2017 and ending in 2019, for withholding information from the NCAA. He did the same thing Bruce Pearl did and got popped. The NCAA frowns on people lying to them. Every coach at Alabama is at risk of lying to the NCAA if they were ever questioned. Bo is a very good DL coach and if we get him we should consider ourselves lucky. Just like Pruitt, I'm sure he knows where a lot of bones are buried.

Bo basically got his show cause from the NCAA, 2 years starting in 2017 and ending in 2019, for withholding information from the NCAA. He did the same thing Bruce Pearl did and got popped. The NCAA frowns on people lying to them. Every coach at Alabama is at risk of lying to the NCAA if they were ever questioned. Bo is a very good DL coach and if we get him we should consider ourselves lucky. Just like Pruitt, I'm sure he knows where a lot of bones are buried.
The "he is a very good DL coach" is what I really wanted to know. We need a coach that can teach these kids.

I’m willing to go the Mark Stoops route. It’s just year 3. I believe in Jeremy Pruitt, I think he can get it done. Let him build and establish the program. Give him plenty of time and patience. Let him find a QB and I think we’ll be good.

Don’t even want to talk about another coaching search.
No

But on the assistant coaching tree. Need to get Lance Thompsons at linebackers and move Nieds back to TE
Understand the sentiment, but not sure how you unring that bell without it seeming like a demotion. Do you really want to screw over one of your best recruiters, one that other teams have already tried to poach, to get Thompson?

But on the assistant coaching tree. Need to get Lance Thompsons at linebackers and move Nieds back to TE
Yes, our linebackers are lost. I blame a lot of those short throws on them. And JG was not good in the second half against Bama. Sheesh. Opened second half with missed terrible throw to Palmer, then gray fumbles. Next series three and out. Then the next three and out. That is how you get beat. Can’t afford all these three and outs every game. We have to get Bailey ready over the next two weeks. O line played really well and gave JG lots of time. We’re close on offense to being an effective offense, we just need a QB.

Understand the sentiment, but not sure how you unring that bell without it seeming like a demotion. Do you really want to screw over one of your best recruiters, one that other teams have already tried to poach, to get Thompson?
Yes. Because his recruiting doesn't matter if he can't develop them once they get here

I’m willing to go the Mark Stoops route. It’s just year 3. I believe in Jeremy Pruitt, I think he can get it done. Let him build and establish the program. Give him plenty of time and patience. Let him find a QB and I think we’ll be good.

Don’t even want to talk about another coaching search.
Save this post and repost after we loose again

Yes. Because his recruiting doesn't matter if he can't develop them once they get here
I'm all about the teaching. Not sure how much time he's actually had to teach since he's had so little time with the unit. But let's say they do what you suggest. Just don't bitch if he leaves because of it. It's not like other teams haven't wanted him. They have. That should tell you something.

Save this post and repost after we loose again
Truthfully, I'm with Bass on this one, for now. Why fire Pruitt to replace him with another roll of the dice? Ask me again next season and maybe I'll be of a different opinion, but right now it would just be insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back