Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating that Kress and the boys are already on the fire Pruitt discussion. It's ridiculous. Guys, it's year 3, in the weirdest year ever, and he doesn't have a QB. We were playing really good ball just two games ago. JG re-broke in the second half of the ga game and he and everything else went wrong against KY. I know it was an ugly loss, but think of where we were just 2 games ago. Things aren't as bad as they seem. Heck, we may come out and compete this weekend, who knows?

But the worst thing that we can do right now is to be all over the internet, and on the radio as is the case with Fox Sports Knoxville, talking about Pruitt getting fired. That just gives opposing coaches ammo in recruiting. We need Pruitt to recruit well and be successful here. We can't be talking about his job in year 3, especially when things were going fine 6 quarters ago. We need to relax. Heck, Bailey or Maurer may still turn this thing around this year. We'll see.
if you don't listen.....it never happened.

Frustrating that Kress and the boys are already on the fire Pruitt discussion. It's ridiculous. Guys, it's year 3, in the weirdest year ever, and he doesn't have a QB. We were playing really good ball just two games ago. JG re-broke in the second half of the ga game and he and everything else went wrong against KY. I know it was an ugly loss, but think of where we were just 2 games ago. Things aren't as bad as they seem. Heck, we may come out and compete this weekend, who knows?

But the worst thing that we can do right now is to be all over the internet, and on the radio as is the case with Fox Sports Knoxville, talking about Pruitt getting fired. That just gives opposing coaches ammo in recruiting. We need Pruitt to recruit well and be successful here. We can't be talking about his job in year 3, especially when things were going fine 6 quarters ago. We need to relax. Heck, Bailey or Maurer may still turn this thing around this year. We'll see.
I've been screaming the danger of this since Sunday..but evidently everybody wants to put in their entitled two cents and be part of tearing Pruitt down..

It is so stupid, it will destroy all the obvious progress.. and we deserve what is about to happen.

That’s why I quit listening to them. They are the biggest bunch of whiny ass bitches I’ve ever tried to endure.

Personal opinion is that the only reason anyone is talking about firing Pruitt is because folks are surmising that his unwillingness or inability to see JG needs to be replaced and at least genuinely attempt to replace him. Folks are thinking, "if he can't see this and fix it, then he ain't the guy." It's about what folks assume is coming based on how he's acting, not what he's done so far.

I believe if he makes the change and the team goes 4-2 or, by some miracle, 5-1 then everyone will be back on board.

Something I was thinking about recently is how our passing game and running game do not complement each other at all. It's obvious we we want to be power run first team and run the ball between the tackle. Other defenses stop this by bringing more run blitzes. Shouldn't we be throwing where the blitzes are coming from which would be the middle of the field? Every pass play in to the sidelines.

Something I was thinking about recently is how our passing game and running game do not complement each other at all. It's obvious we we want to be power run first team and run the ball between the tackle. Other defenses stop this by bringing more run blitzes. Shouldn't we be throwing where the blitzes are coming from which would be the middle of the field? Every pass play in to the sidelines.
Offer Reverend Freeze 2.5 mil to come here as OC

i mean, that's kind of an easy take to have, since it's exactly how this situation has played out each time it's been presented in the past....lol.

i think if any of the 3 back ups came in and asserted themselves and played well, that'd be the end of JG.

it's never happened that way, so we play musical chairs.

i gave, and still do give, the staff a ton of credit for how they managed that situation last year....

this year, they need one of these guys to step up and take it......and stop sucking out loud.

Yeah, I can mostly agree with that. But really the only management move they made was yanking JG. That was a no brainer. Everything else kind of just happened on it's own. Mauer did well, started to fizzle a little and got hurt trying to do too much. JG somehow played his best football from then on other than Bama, which was in hindsight extremely lucky. This year, and next, we do for sure need someone to step up and stop sucking. I am somewhat worried that no one will get that opportunity this year and thus we'll have to roll the dice with a new, inexperienced qb all season next year. I'm super negative about it right now. I apologize for that. I admit I knew long ago that we'd struggle until at least 2021, but watching it in real time is still somehow shockingly upsetting every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back