Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, Andy did bring us back against ND....until he didn't. lol.

and yeah, Kelly is one of my favorites, but he was as mistake prone as he was big play capable....the thing that gets lost when Kelly ges talked about as a QB and his importance to TN was that he and those offenses of the late 80's, very early 90's, showed recruits what we were about, and what we were capable of....i think the 89, 90, 91 seasons were crucial in setting up our ability to build the program the way we did later on in the decade.

and Kelly was a big part of that, as was Carl PIckens and Alvin Harper, and Hayden, Steward, Cobb, Webb and all those big O linemen we had.....

we had an identity....
Won against ND. I didn’t predict he’d make it as a starter at UT, but a lot of that was based on my Red Bank bias against Rhea County. He was great in that offense imo, and his stats would’ve been better in a more high percentage philosophy. That being said, I always said that he could bring you back from any deficit but he would be the main reason the deficit existed. Could fumble on a dime and find that one DB who could snatch that interception.

Agree, and yet the troubling signs (staff turnover, GA State, JG commitment) are still there in spite of just coming up short in some games

Agree, but sometimes it just takes awhile to get it figured out and just the way you want it as a HC. Furthering on the Dabo example, Dabo fired his OC (Billy Napier -- now a hot HC candidate for what he's been able to do at UL Lafayette) after that underwhelming 6-7 season in Year 3, and fired his RB coach/Special Teams Coordinator as well.

Won against ND. I didn’t predict he’d make it as a starter at UT, but a lot of that was based on my Red Bank bias against Rhea County. He was great in that offense imo, and his stats would’ve been better in a more high percentage philosophy. That being said, I always said that he could bring you back from any deficit but he would be the main reason the deficit existed. Could fumble on a dime and find that one DB who could snatch that interception.
yep. and on the ND game, i was thinking about the game in Neyland....when he threw that pick in the end zone. i was crushed that day.

but man, i was happy the next year.....

and i agree on your take about him 100%....still though, one of my favorites....probably because i was young and didn't know any better and blocked all bad stuff from memory.

wish i could do that now?

Agree, but sometimes it just takes awhile to get it figured out and just the way you want it as a HC. Furthering on the Dabo example, Dabo fired his OC (Billy Napier -- now a hot HC candidate for what he's been able to do at UL Lafayette) after that underwhelming 6-7 season in Year 3, and fired his RB coach/Special Teams Coordinator as well.
Once he hired Venebles, it completely changed the trajectory of his program.

It’s happening!!! I bet we see a new starter, but I hope like heck that this isn’t like last year where we start one QB and then bring JG in for the next series. Let whoever have a chance. Praying it’s Maurer or Bailey if we make a change.
you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

it's a smoke screen to keep SAban guessing and to prepare for potentially 4 QB's

...prolly.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
It’s happening!!! I bet we see a new starter, but I hope like heck that this isn’t like last year where we start one QB and then bring JG in for the next series. Let whoever have a chance. Praying it’s Maurer or Bailey if we make a change.
So Gruden is going to start BM or HB?

It's happening!

I told you MIT was no troll!

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
You did, I should have never answered
VA? I've been put in mandated quarantine by the health department twice already, and they already had my phone number. Couldn't leave the house and had to answer a symptom questionnaire every day.

When is this going to happen to bama and ga?
hold my beer....on it.
KtM7u7d.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back