Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in quarantine by the state department of health because someone (who they cannot name) thought they were around me on a day (they cannot recall) and that someone tested positive for Covid. If I violate the quarantine, then I am breaking my governors executive order which is being challenged in the state Supreme Court. In the meantime, the state department of health has my phone number and want to track my progress over the 14 day quarantine.
😳

Great post on VQ. We need Bailey or Salter to be that guy:

We have got to hit on a special QB recruit. You can blame a lot of things for Tennessee's demise but not having an elite QB since Clausen is the reason we can't compete anymore. Dobbs was the outlier as I think he was special but also miss-managed. Take a look at the elite programs that have come and gone and the ones who are still elite. Bottom line is every program/coach that was dominant for a lengthy period of time (sans Alabama they just paid the **** out of players) started it with a program changing QB.

QB's are the hardest to evaluate in high school but we really need Bailey to be a stud and then have Ty Simpson follow. It's the only way we get back on track. Recruits follow great QB''s who make everyone around them better.

Clemson-Taj Boyd-Deshaun Watson
Georgia- David Greene Started it then to Matt Stafford
Tennessee- Payton to Tee to Casey
Oklahoma- Baker to Kyler to Jalen
USC- Palmer to Leinhart
Texas- Applewhite/Simms/Young (Similar to us, lately haven't done anything and also haven't had a QB for sh!t)
Baylor in it's prime- RG3 to Stidham
Ohio State- Terrell Pryor, Troy Smith, Braxton Miller, Justin Fields
Oregon- Joey Harrington to Kellen Clemmons to Dennis Dixon to Mariota to Herbert

Only thing I disagree with is, Tyler bray was the last elite qb we had. The problem he had was the defense couldn’t stop a mild case of the runs.

I am in quarantine by the state department of health because someone (who they cannot name) thought they were around me on a day (they cannot recall) and that someone tested positive for Covid. If I violate the quarantine, then I am breaking my governors executive order which is being challenged in the state Supreme Court. In the meantime, the state department of health has my phone number and want to track my progress over the 14 day quarantine.
Holy crap

Only thing I disagree with is, Tyler bray was the last elite qb we had. The problem he had was the defense couldn’t stop a mild case of the runs.
There’s a huge difference between an elite quarterback and elite arm talent. Tyler wasn’t smart enough to know the playbook inside and out, but could zip that tater 80 yards

😳

Reminder that Dabo Swinney went 6-7 in his third year as the HC at Clemson. His record was a grand total of 19-15 through his first three seasons (in his first season he took over midway through the year).

Pruitt is currently 15-14, in a much harder league. Y'all need to R.E.L.A.X. We're very much on the right track, we just need competent QB play.

They are 106-12 since that loss to WVa in the Orange Bowl with 5 playoff appearances, 4 championship games and two chanpionships. Thats crazy.

@StoVol has burner phones for you.

I think this is probably true, too.

I remember against Florida in his first year, we stacked the box on 4th and short to stop their run, and the RB broke a tackle and and ran for like 50 yards or something and a TD.

Pruitt said after the game something about the TD didn’t matter because he knew if we didn’t get a stop behind the line that the RB was going to score regardless.

FB0B9E7A-1DE9-4830-B84D-A8D69BCA09BA.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
contact tracing isnt perfect. they may need to look at amending it.

Reactions: crazyguy
We should write a book on coaching deaths around here

Stage1: this guy can do no wrong. We finally have a real football coach.

Stage2: we can’t wait until all the old coaches guys are gone

Stage3: look at who saban lost to in his Early years and Dabo record after year 3.

stage4: oh no maybe this isn’t the guy

Stage 5: what a Fing bum.

we are currently in stage 3 or 4 depending on who you ask around here

Reminder that Dabo Swinney went 6-7 in his third year as the HC at Clemson. His record was a grand total of 19-15 through his first three seasons (in his first season he took over midway through the year).

Pruitt is currently 15-14, in a much harder league. Y'all need to R.E.L.A.X. We're very much on the right track, we just need competent QB play.
For sure but he has to stop playing JG or he will lose his job. Give the other guys a chance to fail as much as JG. Maybe they will actually learn from their mistakes and improve.

Pruitt talks about playing/coaching without fear. He needs to take his own advice and Stop being scared to give the other guys a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back