Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 of our 14 losses are by 20+ points. 3 of 14 was ga st, byu, usce
Yeah, this is pretty stunning to me.

I don’t know exactly what it means, but here’s my gut:

When Pruitt has the team enthusiastic and locked in, we compete, and usually win.

When we come out flat, which has happened far too often, we get throttled.

It doesn’t seem like Pruitt can get this team to flip the switch at halftime or late in the game. The tone is set early.

When Pruitt has the team enthusiastic and locked in, we compete, and usually win.

It doesn’t seem like Pruitt can get this team to flip the switch at halftime or late in the game. The tone is set early.
i think it's been a bit of a mixed bag on that front. MSU last year, we came out in the 2nd half and really asserted ourselves.
Auburn 2018....i'm sure there's others....and i'm sure there's some we came out flat and didn't do well. Saturday being one.

i think right now things are looking a tad bleak, and the sun hasn't come up over the horizon yet because we have bama looming...so no real reason to get optimistic about the sun coming up ever again...lol.

but the generalities in some of these posts are just "pile on" posts that reek of "agenda pushing". the classic "and i'll tell ya another thing............." type deal.

I want Bailey to start from here on out. However, I'm just not sure if we're good enough on offense to only run 30-40% of the playbook and have much success. So, I feel like its probably safe to say that we will have musical chairs at QB from here on out unless 1 of the 4 just balls out. I'm not even worried about wins and losses at this point or "who gives us the best chance at success". I just want to see the "somewhat" competent offense we had in the Missouri game. Ill take that over the last 6 quarters we've had.
What would be the diff in that and JG only being capable of that or less bc he can’t be trusted?! I say start HB, and take our licks.

Pruitt does not coach to keep games close. even when behind by double digits he takes chances which often times leads to blow outs but sometimes leads to a come back (i.e. UI bowl game on side kick). Remember in the UF game last year when he kept calling all out blitzes and lead to UF hitting several scores in the second half that made the score larger, but he was trying to get the ball back and create a turnover. Butch would play conservative to try to keep game close because he was all about PR.

How can we have three QB's who were rated 3-4* coming out of high school and none of them apparently are good enough or ready to see the field, yet we have a 5th year 4* highly ranked Dual-threat (LMFAO) that trots out there (trying not to fall on his shoelaces) and still makes reads and decisions and throws like a scared middle school QB playing against Bama...??? Where's the failure?

Look at all the QB's playing across the country right now who were ranked quite a bit lower, yet are serviceable and playing smart, disciplined football. Why is that and how is that, and somehow UT has a stable of them and can't get one ready to play? Shouldn't have let Hill go... at least he was big and mobile... with the plays Chaney has called so far, there's no way he couldn't have made those throws and used his legs... The UCF kid was a low 3* and I'd take him in a heartbeat. We'd be undefeated going into this weekend with him.

UT can't find or develop QB's or get the most out of them, and it's been that way for a while (with the clear exception of Dobbs)... Until this changes, I don't think it matters who we recruit in other positions, because we can clearly see that this team goes as the QB goes.
Our offense must be so complex that only a handful of pro style QB's can ascertain, despite it being optimized for a dual threat.

Geronimo has a special decoder ring given him by the Knights Templar, only he possesses ability to decode the plays in the QB room, which of course are written in secret code.

Lol, I’ve never allowed another man to tell me what drink I should and should not enjoy. To me, that is a great irony. 😉

You just went full hostile on me for no reason when all I was trying to be was a bartender for the bros...thanks for ruining Brunch.Roids.do you punch your steering wheel to Jay?👀😂😂

JMO - we are at that same spot as we were with the previous two HC's, folks. They got there with different approaches, staffs and levels of experience - but we are there. All three were too stubborn to admit they were wrong. All three lost the confidence of experienced assistant coaches who left the program or were run off. Jeremy will get the Butch treatment as compared to the Dools treatment. He will get extra time because he tries to get along with UT execs/donors and will have some success at times.

If he does not believe HB can survive against Bama, which is ridiculous to assume without evidence, he can start BM who has experience and two years in Chaney's system. There are no excuses at this point. JG may have the game of his career this Saturday and then play like garbage and lose to Arky the next week. We all know it. So do the players. So all of it is on Jeremy. He is three years in still wasting time on bad QB play. His D is messed up such he had to fire a new hire (Brumbaugh) 4 games in and do the job himself. Which means the guy was a bad hire to start with and they paid too much for that bad hire. Weinke anyone? Still there. What position is still the least effective on the field? The lack of player discipline in games from penalties and missed assignments also demonstrates the lack of focus and loss of control internally.

Handwriting meet wall. He needs to wake up before it is too late.

Pruitt does not coach to keep games close. even when behind by double digits he takes chances which often times leads to blow outs but sometimes leads to a come back (i.e. UI bowl game on side kick). Remember in the UF game last year when he kept calling all out blitzes and lead to UF hitting several scores in the second half that made the score larger, but he was trying to get the ball back and create a turnover. Butch would play conservative to try to keep game close because he was all about PR.

I think this is probably true, too.

I remember against Florida in his first year, we stacked the box on 4th and short to stop their run, and the RB broke a tackle and and ran for like 50 yards or something and a TD.

Pruitt said after the game something about the TD didn’t matter because he knew if we didn’t get a stop behind the line that the RB was going to score regardless.

I have thought and said for quite a long time that I felt we do not play with enough emotion. I mean let’s be honest… It’s why we all love the college game so much, because it seems like it is usually played with so much more emotion. Our team just does not show that consistently under Pruitt, which concerns me a little.

and pruitt took ownership of that after the game too.....

JMO - we are at that same spot as we were with the previous two HC's, folks. They got there with different approaches, staffs and levels of experience - but we are there. All three were too stubborn to admit they were wrong. All three lost the confidence of experienced assistant coaches who left the program or were run off. Jeremy will get the Butch treatment as compared to the Dools treatment. He will get extra time because he tries to get along with UT execs/donors and will have some success at times.

If he does not believe HB can survive against Bama, which is ridiculous to assume without evidence, he can start BM who has experience and two years in Chaney's system. There are no excuses at this point. JG may have the game of his career this Saturday and then play like garbage and lose to Arky the next week. We all know it. So do the players. So all of it is on Jeremy. He is three years in still wasting time on bad QB play. His D is messed up such he had to fire a new hire (Brumbaugh) 4 games in and do the job himself. Which means the guy was a bad hire to start with and they paid too much for that bad hire. Weinke anyone? Still there. What position is still the least effective on the field? The lack of player discipline in games from penalties and missed assignments also demonstrates the lack of focus and loss of control internally.

I agree Pruitt has put himself in a bad spot at the moment. I don't think he's as comparable to Dooley and Butch as you say. Being a first time head coach, he's facing a learning curve, and he's made plenty of mistakes. But firing him would solve absolutely nothing. People seem to ignore how incompetent our admin is at coaching searches. We're cheap, and we won't spend the money for a big name. Been proven over and over now. Any hire would be a roll of the dice and pray they work out. I'd rather pray Pruitt gets this figured out because right now, consistency would be a very welcome friend. We hurt and embarrass ourselves with these incompetent coaching searches every few years. JMO, but Pruitt is a good personality fit with the university. Now we just need him to figure out the coaching part. I still think with time, he can, but he has to do better at recognizing the weaknesses of this team and getting individual coaches to fix those weaknesses. And if those coaches can't teach their positions, they need to be the ones to go. Weinke being an example. Not for JG, but for the fact he hasn't done anything with the back up QBs. He absolutely has to instill the right mentality into this team, and I don't think we're there yet. I don't think we get there by continually playing JG. He just needs to figure these things out, and hopefully he does. But for now, we have to be patient. Worst case scenario, let him work through his contract so we don't have another buyout on the books. Maybe if we do that, and it does come down to having to look for another coach, the purse strings will be a little looser. But that's not gonna happen when we're still paying guys not to coach for us.

I have thought and said for quite a long time that I felt we do not play with enough emotion. I mean let’s be honest… It’s why we all love the college game so much, because it seems like it is usually played with so much more emotion. Our team just does not show that consistently under Pruitt, which concerns me a little.
alontae taylor, banks, gray, jg, ht, kivon bennet, middleton, crouch, bryce thompson, wanya morris, trey smith, roman harrison....all guys i've seen show plenty of "emotion" before/during/after plays. pruitt shows plenty of emotion.

lol.

i file this type of complaint in the "....and i'll tell ya another thing...." bucket.....

boy, sure sounds like it is too late already...................................................................

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Anyone else feel like confidence level up when “Smooth Operator” comes up on the playlist?

Sade telling truth
I don't know about that...right now I am listening to Alan Jackson singing "Everything I love is killing me"...

Seems a lot more appropriate to our situation..😭

i think it's been a bit of a mixed bag on that front. MSU last year, we came out in the 2nd half and really asserted ourselves.
Auburn 2018....i'm sure there's others....and i'm sure there's some we came out flat and didn't do well. Saturday being one.

i think right now things are looking a tad bleak, and the sun hasn't come up over the horizon yet because we have bama looming...so no real reason to get optimistic about the sun coming up ever again...lol.

but the generalities in some of these posts are just "pile on" posts that reek of "agenda pushing". the classic "and i'll tell ya another thing............." type deal.
Bingo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back