Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Bama and the talk from the Bammers down here to me have already reached beyond annoying levels. Ugh.
Ditto.
One good thing about being out of the workplace down here is that I don;t have to listen to it. Only stick my neck out of the house for one-hour walks. . Bad thing bad about that is that my neighborhood is adorned in crimson

Did you miss the Mizzou and USCe games?

God this is like 2019 on repeat. "We'll go 1-11 because we obviously can't beat anyone but Chattanooga with JG!".

Not saying the same will happen, but to reject the possibility has already been shown false by last year. Let others play...bring him in off the bench...win games...rinse and repeat (best case).

I wouldn't use the USCjr game as an example great QB play by JG. In fact I would say he was barely serviceable. Our D won us that game. JG managed it well enough to not lose it.

JG played much better in the Missouri game. It was, as it has been his entire career here, a peak after far too many valleys.

FTR I've never been a JG fan. Doesn't mean I would speak vial about him like some of the Twitter nuts do. Doesn't mean I don't consider him a VFL and doesn't mean that I think he doesn't give his all. I think he works hard and WANTS to be a leader and wants our team to succeed. I just don't think he knows how. And I don't think he's ever had the confidence to. And I don't think CJP knows how to guide him. CJP has been surrounded by very very good talent everywhere he's coached. So he had to develop them and sharpen their skills. I don't know his experience with building a player up like JG needs.

I'm not for firing CJP. I think that's crazy. But I would say look at some of the things we've seen:

-when JG got hurt on a play last year both Maurer and Shrout put on their helmet like they were about to go in. On the surface looks good. Both are ready to step in. But in reality that tells me they didn't know who was going in. I think that's a problem. Kids need structure. Hell men who are playing professionally need structure. Why would they not know who the back QB is? Seems very basic to me.

-The backup has never had a feeling that they can go out and play. Seems like that would affect their confidence. Why aren't they more developed by now? Why aren't they ready?

-Several times so far CJP's team didn't come out fired up and prepared. Why? I get every team is going to have an occasional game where they aren't fired up. But his teams have had numerous games like that since he's been here.

Then you hear rumors that he's consistently threatened to fire coaches. I think there was even one rumor that he threatened Wienke during a game haha. Not sure what the answer is. And I support him and hope he can figure out the right chemistry with both the players and coaches. It just makes me wonder what is truly going on inside the program.

Last edited:
So, Bailey made the right read and threw a catchable ball.
Of his four throws, Bailey made the right read three times and made one bad throw. One was a nice catch, one jabari failed to sit on the route and so it looked like he threw behind (per CJp), one the receiver got jammed/PI. Small sample size but I’d say he did well.

It’s time to ride with HB and never look back
No more bandaids
I agree with this. I just think the way coaches will deal with it is let JG start and then let HB come in when it gets out of hand. That way he is not to blame for losing the game, but you go forward with him.

I know I’m late on this, but smh at dudes these days. Spraying a lady with a sprinkler and saying “I’ll defend myself on my own property.”
Did you want him to beat the "lady" off his property with it? Ladies don't go on the property of others and try to force their will on them. It's in chapter 3 of the handbook. Granted I have not read the Gentleman's handbook.

Last edited:
Kinison was great at the beginning but fell into the trap of thinking it was shock and audaciousness that buttered his bread, whereas it was actually the fact that he was distinctively funny as hell that made him so popular. So then he drifted into the whole sex, drugs, rock-n-roll, MTV, look at the hot bimbo I’m with kinda thing and got progressively less funny. Dice fell into a similar trap.

I will say though that I saw Kinison perform at Alumni Gym and he was indeed funny as hell.

I’ll also say that it’s mildly annoying whenever someone brings up Hedberg on here because I can never resist crawling down an internet Hedberg rabbit hole for way too long every single g****mn time.

“I used to do drugs. I still do but I used to too.”
“I don’t have a girlfriend. But I do know a girl who would get really mad if she heard me say that.”
“I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. It's like, dude, you have to wait.”
-MH, RIP

Kinison was great at the beginning but fell into the trap of thinking it was shock and audaciousness that buttered his bread, whereas it was actually the fact that he was distinctively funny as hell that made him so popular. So then he drifted into the whole sex, drugs, rock-n-roll, MTV, look at the hot bimbo I’m with kinda thing and got progressively less funny. Dice fell into a similar trap.

I will say though that I saw Kinison perform at Alumni Gym and he was indeed funny as hell.

I’ll also say that it’s mildly annoying whenever someone brings up Hedberg on here because I can never resist crawling down an internet Hedberg rabbit hole for way too long every single g****mn time.

“I used to do drugs. I still do but I used to too.”
“I don’t have a girlfriend. But I do know a girl who would get really mad if she heard me say that.”
“I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. It's like, dude, you have to wait.”
-MH, RIP
Love his one about getting a receipt for a donut.

His delivery and character is what really makes them funny. I can just hear him saying all these jokes with his timing.

Reactions: pismonque
I'm having mine out next Tuesday and I was curious about it since you sound like everything is going well. I'm a bit younger than you (50) so, hopefully, a long way to go yet and getting rid of the cancer now rather than waiting seemed to be the best option. The surgeon I'm seeing specializes in robotic surgery so I'm praying for good results.
We are praying for you too.

Seriously though, hard to imagine we actually sign a new DL coach that will effect this year's class. Doubt it happens in season, so most likely after ESD when a lot of players sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back