Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only team worth noting that he’s beat in the west is Auburn and it was 2 years ago lol let it go...and it wasn’t him on pure talent that won that game it was our receivers going up and fighting for his wounded under thrown ducks

I actually disagree with the last part. The one thing JG did best was make those throws. If it had happened only 1 or 2 times I would probably agree that it was his WRs bailing him out, but he also did it all last season, so it was obviously something he and the WRs practiced regularly. Both Calloway and Palmer are long and have some hops, so the play was designed for them to run a designated pattern near the sideline, turn so they could highpoint the ball, and JG would throw towards their outside shoulder. The play actually works very well because the WRs have all the advantage over the DBs on that play as long as the throw doesn't drift inside and JG was pretty good at it, IMO. Certainly he is open for criticsm in many other aspects of his game, but I thought that was a pretty effective designed play.

So what exactly is the bad news about Gibbs? I've heard mumorings and don't have the time atm to look through this thread.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: nesbuddha66
I actually disagree with the last part. The one thing JG did best was make those throws. If it had happened only 1 or 2 times I would probably agree that it was his WRs bailing him out, but he also did it all last season, so it was obviously something he and the WRs practiced regularly. Both Calloway and Palmer are long and have some hops, so the play was designed for them to run a designated pattern near the sideline, turn so they could highpoint the ball, and JG would throw towards their outside shoulder. The play actually works very well because the WRs have all the advantage over the DBs on that play as long as the throw doesn't drift inside and JG was pretty good at it, IMO. Certainly he is open for criticsm in many other aspects of his game, but I thought that was a pretty effective designed play.

So you’re on the record stating that every pass thrown that game..was NOT! a jump ball or under thrown and hit his receivers in stride?.....ok...........I’ll see myself out.

1598480445434.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
Miss State last season

They are worth noting seeing as how we couldn't beat any West team for a decade IMO

Sure why not!..Clout chasing is fun when you have sucked for 10 + years and you finally beat a bottom feeder in the west🥴😂😂 I’ll elaborate further..that’s like Kentucky finally beating us after 27 years even though they knew that was the beginning of our down hill slope....or vandy beating us for two years straight out of like 50 plus years of losing😂😭😂

1598480779639.gif

@ob79 ... It does our family good to hear stories like this. Thank you! I remember Ashlee’s story very well. What a beautiful blessing she is! I’m a father as well and know you are the right man for the job. I keep telling my brother that.

It has felt hopeless. Some very providential things have happened in the background that can only be explained as “Yep God is up to something.”

He has some options for radiation but multiple neurosurgeons have pretty much given him no reason to think surgery is practical, so that sucks. Treatment (up to 6 mos) will likely be out of state.

My brother and SIL have allowed me to start a campaign for them that VN can follow and contribute to. I told him at the beginning that I wouldn’t hesitate to unleash the heart of VolNation🧡

Healing for Drew!, organized by Scott Warren

Donated and bump to keep it on the first page

So you’re on the record stating that every pass thrown that game..was NOT! a jump ball or under thrown and hit his receivers in stride?.....ok...........I’ll see myself out.

View attachment 302506

I didn't say anything about "in stride". I said the play is designed for the receiver to stop and turn so that he can get a better spring in his jump than if he were in stride. It is then up to the QB to place the throw away from the DB. Not unlike a back shoulder throw. Am I saying JG has never thrown a 50/50 ball? No. Am I saying JG made the proper throw every time on that play? No. I am simply saying that it was a play in JG's repertoire that he was pretty good at, so they used it a lot because it didn't require JG to throw a receiver open on a deep route, not because he doesn't have the arm to make the deep throw (he does), but because of his tendency to wait for his receiver to break open on the deep throws, which is too late at that point.

@ob79 ... It does our family good to hear stories like this. Thank you! I remember Ashlee’s story very well. What a beautiful blessing she is! I’m a father as well and know you are the right man for the job. I keep telling my brother that.

It has felt hopeless. Some very providential things have happened in the background that can only be explained as “Yep God is up to something.”

He has some options for radiation but multiple neurosurgeons have pretty much given him no reason to think surgery is practical, so that sucks. Treatment (up to 6 mos) will likely be out of state.

My brother and SIL have allowed me to start a campaign for them that VN can follow and contribute to. I told him at the beginning that I wouldn’t hesitate to unleash the heart of VolNation🧡

Healing for Drew!, organized by Scott Warren
Sorry, actual bump

@delfonic this is what I'm talking about, this is just the beginning. It's going to get far worse

As long as they aren't hurting anyone who cares? They have every right to boycott. The NBA has every right to react accordingly. You have every right to stop watching bball if you disagree. This is hardly Fort Sumter.

I didn't say anything about "in stride". I said the play is designed for the receiver to stop and turn so that he can get a better spring in his jump than if he were in stride. It is then up to the QB to place the throw away from the DB. Not unlike a back shoulder throw. Am I saying JG has never thrown a 50/50 ball? No. Am I saying JG made the proper throw every time on that play? No. I am simply saying that it was a play in JG's repertoire that he was pretty good at, so they used it a lot because it didn't require JG to throw a receiver open on a deep route, not because he doesn't have the arm to make the deep throw (he does), but because of his tendency to wait for his receiver to break open on the deep throws, which is too late at that point.

lol...might wanna hit up the sec network and see if they will play a re-run for you On the big screen 👀. The Defense bailed JG out that game As they always do.He does just enough to get by in some games depending on which JG you get,while the defense does the rest..when JG is under center we generate zero offense momentum and every game becomes a nail biter just like the Auburn game.when they shouldn’t Even be close.We have always had enough talent On offense to win some big games if we had better QB play.how do you not see his pattern?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokeytom
Yeah don't really count fcs. But seeing Memphis and smu next Saturday and BYU/Navy the next Monday will begin to feel like football. Curious when the first P5 game is going down.

The positive I can see is the rest of the country will get to see teams like Marshall, SMU, Arkansas St. on a national level. That can’t hurt them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back