Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get tired of the two sides arguing and insulting each other with this mask debate. Why can't we just agree that individuals should do what they want? We all know the risks, we all know what this disease can do, so let people decide how they want to respond. Wearing a mask does not make one a bitch, and not wearing one does not make one a killer. Not everything has to be blown up into an insult-fest.

All you’re doing is making yourself look twice as stupid. You got your head ripped for that ounce, but you seem to think the sheer dollar amount you spent means you yourself amount to something.You probably throw down an extra hundred at the blackjack table once your friends show up too. Point remains those who have money don’t feel the need to talk about it. But hey, keep keeping on man!

Reactions: T Dog and Volsdeep4
All you’re doing is making yourself look twice as stupid. You got your head ripped for that ounce, but you seem to think the sheer dollar amount you spent means you yourself amount to something.You probably throw down an extra hundred at the blackjack table once your friends show up too. Point remains those who have money don’t feel the need to talk about it. But hey, keep keeping on man!

Jealousy isn’t a good look

I'm not in favor of shutting down. I don't think school should be open yet. We don't have good data on how much children spread it. Many of them have been stuck at home for a while. If we get better data, then maybe. But to say that they don't spread it because they lack symptoms is not factual.
Well that sounds a tad more reasonable, but still I disagree with the schools opening part. I did not say they don't spread it. I said they spread it less because they have it for shorter amounts of time because their immune systems fight it off and thus the virus isn't AS able to reproduce and shed as would be in older adults. As a matter of fact the WHO clearly states that and I quote "...and to date, there has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur. " And from Statnews piece quoting Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO’s technical lead on the Covid-19 pandemic. : "There are some infected people who are “truly asymptomatic,” she said, but countries that are doing detailed contact tracing are “not finding secondary transmission onward” from those cases. “It’s very rare,” she said. That sounds somewhat factual to me.

I'm not in favor of shutting down. I don't think school should be open yet. We don't have good data on how much children spread it. Many of them have been stuck at home for a while. If we get better data, then maybe. But to say that they don't spread it because they lack symptoms is not factual.

You may not be in favor of shutting it down, but so much has been shut down. Perhaps 40 million jobs lost. Will these jobs return? How much longer until "good data" is obtained? The net effect is that society has been altered and may never return to what it once was.

I refuse to participate in the Covid-shaming, which is I must do as someone else sees fit. I will take care of me and mine, am respectful of the wishes of others, and suggest everyone do likewise. I don't play in the streets, but c'mon - life is injurious to your health; no one gets out alive. Just don't tell me that I must do as you see fit. I will not sacrifice my essential liberties for promises of health/security.

Well that sounds a tad more reasonable, but still I disagree with the schools opening part. I did not say they don't spread it. I said they spread it less because they have it for shorter amounts of time because their immune systems fight it off and thus the virus isn't AS able to reproduce and shed as would be in older adults. As a matter of fact the WHO clearly states that and I quote "...and to date, there has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur. " And from Statnews piece quoting Maria Van Kerkhove, the WHO’s technical lead on the Covid-19 pandemic. : "There are some infected people who are “truly asymptomatic,” she said, but countries that are doing detailed contact tracing are “not finding secondary transmission onward” from those cases. “It’s very rare,” she said. That sounds somewhat factual to me.
Reasoned response, thank you. I apologize for my caustic, original response.

Jealousy isn’t a good look
He isn’t wrong, 480 for some Oregon (likely outdoor) work is just sad for your pockets. Could’ve copped 2 from Colorado of some top shelf cookie flavor or OG or Sours for that price. 2 from a rec store too where you get blasted on tax.

I get tired of the two sides arguing and insulting each other with this mask debate. Why can't we just agree that individuals should do what they want? We all know the risks, we all know what this disease can do, so let people decide how they want to respond. Wearing a mask does not make one a bitch, and not wearing one does not make one a killer. Not everything has to be blown up into an insult-fest.

The problem is, if one group of people wear masks and one group of people don't, nothing gets solved. Either everyone needs to wear them or no one does. But that will never happen. This won't be over until we have a vaccine next year.

The problem is, if one group of people wear masks and one group of people don't, nothing gets solved. Either everyone needs to wear them or no one does. But that will never happen. This won't be over until we have a vaccine next year.
People calling each other names over something neither side wants to budge on accomplishes even less. At this point, no one is changing anyone's mind. So let's just coexist peacefully. Life goes on.

Modern day technology based infantile incivility.

Can't get punched in the nose through any of these platforms, so, smart arses and childish rhetoric rule the day.

All you posters that just want us to all get along drive me nuts. 😷

Absolutely kidding... I am too old and crotchety to learn how to blue font. 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back