Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is America great or what? Can arrange to kill elderly ill people by the thousands with the stroke of a pen after being elected by the citizens you are killing. Then you get the media to willingly carry your water and blame the President of the opposing political party. Meanwhile the DOJ of your state and federal government look the other way and pretend it did not happen.

Great preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Gets it! šŸ§Ÿā€ā™‚ļøšŸ§Ÿā€ā™€ļø

It shouldnā€™t. Itā€™s better that theyā€™re scared. Wear a mask and donā€™t go to chiliā€™s

That point is absolutely valid and you're preaching to the choir in me. I do have a lot of family/friends though that refuse to wear masks and call me a b**** for wearing one. I don't want them to die over their stupidity, so it does make me feel a bit better.

And if a few thousand extra die from the exposure... No biggie, right?
That's not fair. No one wants people to die, life has to go on. You drive a car and put everyone you love at risk every day. Why? Are you a cold hearted killer rolling the dice? Of course not. Children are very very low risk and spread the disease less due to being mostly asymptomatic. Protect yourself and other old people but let's not destroy all of civilization. If we can march together and risk killing a few thousand as you said then surely little kids can go to school. 7500 people die here everyday of other things many of which are preventable if we all just stayed inside all the time. This is madness. If you are scared remove yourself not everyone else. 0.26 . Somehow the rest of us out here in the real world are getting work done everyday.

I've been hesitating to post this, but I guess this is a good time as it relates to your point.

I just found out last week that I have prostate cancer. I go in next week for a bone scan and CT scan to see if it has spread. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't handled it well at all; disappointed in how scared, pessimistic, and sad I've been. I've seen the stats.

Please pray.

Prayers offered. The medical community have great success in treating this. Praying that is the case for you.

Question for yā€™all in East TN, is Gatlinburg and the smokies fully up and running? Weā€™re looking for a 3-4 day get away, but destinations seem to be limited with all this stuff going on. Do they have yā€™all on tight lockdown, or what? Thanks!

Live in the county. Wearing masks in businesses is required. Restaurants open for the most part - some fast food is still drive thru. Tourists are here big time. Smokies are open. Dollywood/Splash Country by reservation - but open.

Live in the county. Wearing masks in businesses is required. Restaurants open for the most part - some fast food is still drive thru. Tourists are here big time. Smokies are open. Dollywood/Splash Country by reservation - but open.

Only 12 new cases yesterday in the county...not a nightmare some make it out to be.

Last edited:
Question for yā€™all in East TN, is Gatlinburg and the smokies fully up and running? Weā€™re looking for a 3-4 day get away, but destinations seem to be limited with all this stuff going on. Do they have yā€™all on tight lockdown, or what? Thanks!
I know of a guy that went for 4 days and his whole family came back with covid... just saying

Everything seems to be up and running. Even Dollywood with a reservation. I think masks are required now.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
That's not fair. No one wants people to die, life has to go on. You drive a car and put everyone you love at risk every day. Why? Are you a cold hearted killer rolling the dice? Of course not. Children are very very low risk and spread the disease less due to being mostly asymptomatic. Protect yourself and other old people but let's not destroy all of civilization. If we can march together and risk killing a few thousand as you said then surely little kids can go to school. 7500 people die here everyday of other things many of which are preventable if we all just stayed inside all the time. This is madness. If you are scared remove yourself not everyone else. 0.26 . Somehow the rest of us out here in the real world are getting work done everyday.
I'm not in favor of shutting down. I don't think school should be open yet. We don't have good data on how much children spread it. Many of them have been stuck at home for a while. If we get better data, then maybe. But to say that they don't spread it because they lack symptoms is not factual.

If Kennedy Chandler committed, who would be most likely to jump in next? Jabari Smith I assume?

I think Jabari, but that is speculation on my part. I do know that the two communicate with one another. Obviously there's been some chatter about Banchero and Chandler having a relationship, and that's true, but I think Banchero is much more of a wildcard just b/c of the distance and the other schools involved. Smith seems more realistic to me as the 'blue-bloods' don't really seem to be involved and I've been giving the impression that it's important to his family that he's somewhere that they can hop in the car and get to easily.
-VQ.

Iā€™ve followed the rules, stayed home, worn a mask, etc.

One thing Iā€™ve been thinking about though is how lucky most of us are to have been alive at this time. Weā€™re living in the healthiest time in human history. Between antibiotics, vaccines, and other healthcare, most of us in the developed world live far longer, healthier lives than at any point since weā€™ve existed.

I think youā€™d probably have to go back to our grandparents or great grandparents to talk to someone who lived with a constant threat of disease that we couldnā€™t identify or treat, which could kill or cripple you. I hope we donā€™t end up back at that point, but I do wonder if weā€™re going to have to end up at some point accepting a greater risk of illness like our ancestors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back