Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of doom and gloom on this board. IMO, herd immunity is the default position (i.e. we do nothing and let it run it's course). To say that it's the only solution that makes sense isn't really giving fair credit to the abilities of our researchers and physicians. I feel confident that we'll see a usable vaccine by the end of 2020. It may only grant immunity temporarily (at worst 2-3 months), but that alone will drastically change the infection rate along with the added confidence/comfort to truly bring things back to normal. I saw a whole lot of America love on these boards the past week. Put your money where your mouths are and have some faith that America's brainpower can come up with some solutions to allow us to enjoy the things we love (for me: going to bars, basketball, football, and dining in restaurants).

Tell someone that who lived through the Great Depression or WWII and you'll be laughed at. My granny would tell me about them just about starving to death when they were going on. My aunts and uncles used to go to the garbage dump with sticks and rocks to fight people over scraps of food just to have something to eat. You are posting on a message board from a hand held computer and can order a pizza from it any time. Relax, maybe we in these last few generations are just a bunch of wusses.
1594068987927.gif

Tell someone that who lived through the Great Depression or WWII and you'll be laughed at. My granny would tell me about them just about starving to death when they were going on. My aunts and uncles used to go to the garbage dump with sticks and rocks to fight people over scraps of food just to have something to eat. You are posting on a message board from a hand held computer and can order a pizza from it any time. Relax, maybe we in these last few generations are just a bunch of wusses.

I feel very sorry for you if you don't understand sarcasm. Dear God I triggered some folks

I just find it odd that you are telling participants how they should feel about it. They are all informed individuals and understand, and they have seen the effects.
Look...I am not a freakin lawyer, I don't get paid to argue and sling ********. You keep beating around the bush....Covid is never going away, you know that as well as I, so where the hell does all this dumb crap end? If they ain't gonna play football, they sure as hell are not gonna get to go to school for free.

Have you ever got the flu after having been vaccinated? 40-60% effective most years. The vaccine did not cause it, it just was not effective for the strain you contracted. Same deal with COVID. COVID-2 has been with us for two decades. It was not as nasty initially as the current version even with SARS included. A new vaccine may work on the most current version until it mutates again, which it has done at least 3 times since first observed per many researchers.

Herd immunity and common sense practices until the threat passes. Therapeutics is the real end game. Develop stuff that kills it.

I want football. I also want the rage and hatred to end. Probably not going to happen with either anytime soon.

I agree with pretty much all of that. But even if you get the flu after having a vaccine, it can also mitigate the seriousness of it. So, if we could knock out 40-60%, along with another % having a mild case, then you would have put a huge dent in cases. If I read the numbers correctly, roughly 40-45% of adults get a flu vaccine. Sure, it's not a cure, and it's everyone's individual choice. But I would love to see the true mortality numbers for those who did/didn't get the flu vaccine. I have seen an estimate of up to 90% of flu deaths were those that weren't vaccinated. It's the very reason why doctors said Covid-19 isn't the flu.

And, yes, I know it will be a while for a vaccine, and I do still plan on living my life for those people who want to label me as a "fear mongerer."

1968, the height of the Vietnam war and civil unrest in the streets was also pretty no bueno.
DIsagree. Both World War's blow this COVID-19 stuff out of the water. Honestly, doesn't even make the top 20 IMO.

But I'm sure you're just joking around. Can't be too sure, though.

Last edited:
Look...I am not a freakin lawyer, I don't get paid to argue and sling ********. You keep beating around the bush....Covid is never going away, you know that as well as I, so where the hell does all this dumb crap end? If they ain't gonna play football, they sure as hell are not gonna get to go to school for free.
No way in heck CPF is pulling scholarships over a missed season. But if UGA and Bama want to, I'M ALL FOR IT 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangenSC

LOL. Be well, UM. As Trey Smith said, "We aren't just entertainers. We are humans, too." I wonder what he thinks about it with his medical history.

One thing that caught me in that SI article was this nug:
"Say you're a Big Ten school and you announce you won't play in 2020, none of your recruits have signed binding letters yet so you lose an entire recruiting class and you lose all momentum for 2022 class too," a member of Michigan's football community said. "Now you've dug yourself a huge hole and you know there will be football in 2021.

'Trust me, there are at least three to four schools that are definitely considering not playing but they want to be the third or fourth school to announce that, not the first."

I assume he's talking about 2021 recruits, though I'm not sure I get this line of thinking. Why would 2021 recruits care about the 2020 season? I can't see an entire class jumping ship because a school decided to not play just this season. And if you are 3rd or 4th to jump ship, instead of 1st, why would that save your class? And he can't be talking 2020 guys, because they have signed and all.

Am I missing something? Do you all think, if say, 4 SEC teams ditched the season and 8 played, that would be a major recruiting advantage/disadvantage?

One thing that caught me in that SI article was this nug:

I assume he's talking about 2021 recruits, though I'm not sure I get this line of thinking. Why would 2021 recruits care about the 2020 season? I can't see an entire class jumping ship because a school decided to not play just this season. And if you are 3rd or 4th to jump ship, instead of 1st, why would that save your class? And he can't be talking 2020 guys, because they have signed and all.

Am I missing something? Do you all think, if say, 4 SEC teams ditched the season and 8 played, that would be a major recruiting advantage/disadvantage?

I would venture to guess that the 8 teams that played would have a bit of an advantage because of exposure, visits, development, etc. I wouldn't think an entire class would jump ship, but I don't think it would be positive for the school sitting out.

lol at Harvard. Going to have virtual classes and still charge the same tuition. Add in that up to 40% of the students will still live on campus. Add in that ICE stated no student Visas will be honored for * students who attend colleges with only virtual classes.

University of Phoenix looking strong about now.

EDIT: *Meant to say "foreign".

I guess I should've used blue font
No, I get your point. This year sucks and having no college football - or college football with no fans - is going to be the icing on the ****** cake.

We’re the only civilized country going the wrong way re: new Covid cases. We didn’t do the work and now we’ll be punished for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back