Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Atlanta quick question. Is UT using the 15 minute Covid test? Just wondering. My job uses them and they work great. Plus you donā€™t have to wait 2 days like Alabama..... catch my drift?
That 15 minute Covid-19 test may make you feel good, but the accuracy of that test is supposedly very poor.

I don't want to be argumentative - scratch that - I'd argue that if the 2011 OL was rounding into form then then the 2019 OL was way ahead of the development schedule. With Hunter out and then Dr. Bray correctly diagnosing his broken thumb, our 2011 offense hit a brick wall. At one point in the game I honestly thought Worley and Da'Rick were going to lose to MTSU. We had the absolute worst rushing offense in the conference in 2011, mustering only 2.76 yards per carry, #117 in the nation. Last year we jumped from #114 in 2018 to #85 for 2019. Granted, #85 ain't something you normally wanna write home about but that's almost 30 rungs up the ladder going in the right direction. I think we'll be at least top 40 in rushing this year, maybe higher. I don't think our OL development stalled last year; I think we had liftoff, especially with adding the 2 freshmen and Calbert, and this year we going to throttle up. jmo.

For your summary statement, complete agreement, and I think that's the strategy they're trying to pull off. jmo.

Honestly, I couldn't remember the specifics year by year, outside of the years where it was good or absolutely terrible. Was going by sacks allowed, which I know doesn't tell the whole story. I was a bit surprised that 2011 wasn't that bad on that front, because I do remember the OL being crap that year.

I don't want to be argumentative - scratch that - I'd argue that if the 2011 OL was rounding into form then then the 2019 OL was way ahead of the development schedule. With Hunter out and then Dr. Bray correctly diagnosing his broken thumb, our 2011 offense hit a brick wall. At one point in the game I honestly thought Worley and Da'Rick were going to lose to MTSU. We had the absolute worst rushing offense in the conference in 2011, mustering only 2.76 yards per carry, #117 in the nation. Last year we jumped from #114 in 2018 to #85 for 2019. Granted, #85 ain't something you normally wanna write home about but that's almost 30 rungs up the ladder going in the right direction. I think we'll be at least top 40 in rushing this year, maybe higher. I don't think our OL development stalled last year; I think we had liftoff, especially with adding the 2 freshmen and Calbert, and this year we going to throttle up. jmo.

For your summary statement, complete agreement, and I think that's the strategy they're trying to pull off. jmo.

If I remember correctly, didnā€™t Dooley have trouble putting away Akron, too?

Was just looking at 247. So many things factor into how this class could shape out. The Covid virus has kept kids from making visits, so you have the threat of decommits when/if visits are allowed. We have little to no idea if high school FB will happen, but if it does, we could see rising or falling stars. Then you look at all the guys who currently have interest in UT, and numbers say we can't take everyone. So who stays and who goes if some of these guys want in? I see posters say, " I hope we don't lose so and so because I think they're underrated", but we may have to lose recruits people like simply because the coaches like someone else better. And I trust their judgement. Add into all of that we're at 23 commits, and we have not filled our OL and DL needs. So even if we miss out on some bigger names at those positions, we still need to fill those needs.

Recruiting is normally an emotional rollercoaster. I think this year may be the wildest year ever. I think someone needs to make sure Catbone and Bass don't have access to sharp instruments.

Oklahoma game...hand the stinking ball off. Let the big uglies and RB's take charge of the game on offense. Keep OU's offense off the field. Surely he can manage that...?

Defense has to hold against OU's offense. Dl has to get to the QB, and the DB' s HAVE to be able to contain their WR's.

He might. He always has that 1 game a year when he looks like Tom Brady.

#MyCoach He's a real man of change. Not fake archie like Dabo. Dabo probably clutches his purse and moves across the street if he's out of town and sees a black person walking toward him šŸ¤£

Iā€™ve made some enemies already during my 1 year of living in SC sharing my opinion that Dabo is fake.

Cordial college football convos turn heated real quick if you donā€™t bow to the almighty Dabo around here. Wasnā€™t even knocking his coaching ability - clearly knows how to build and run a program - but apparently you must worship him.

And this is after they have a good laugh poking fun at the last decade of UT football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back